I just called a woman a cheeky cow in Asda

(133 Posts)
bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:01:03

Was just looking at the baked goods in Asda, minding my own when I heard this really loud voice go "excuse me!" Thought "she can't be talking to me as I am not obstructing the aisle" then this woman shoulder barged me and another shopper, glared at me and went "don't all move at once, will you?!" Sorry your majesty!

Something inside me clicked and I said "don't push past me, you cheeky cow!" she told me not to call her a cow and I told her not to be so rude in future. Then she said "do I look like a cow?" and I looked her up and down and did a "what do YOU think?" face.

Oh crikey, have become a screeching supermarket harridan. Does this type of thing happen in the Waitrose?

I think she was foolish to ask if she looked like a cow.

Ormirian Tue 21-Dec-10 21:02:06

Of course it does. But it would be 'impertinent bovine'

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Dec-10 21:02:39

No, but you don't really think they are going to let you in Waitrose now do you? grin

Ewe Tue 21-Dec-10 21:02:48

Never in Waitrose.

<shakes head in disappointment>

porcamiseria Tue 21-Dec-10 21:04:01

Does this type of thing happen in the Waitrose?

NO, never!!!!

southeastastra Tue 21-Dec-10 21:04:15

i think you both sound as bad as each other grin

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:05:28

Oh I forgot to add, after she dug her own grave with the cow question, she started ranting going "look at the fucking state of YOU! Etc etc" I thought I was looking rather fetching today as well. Bitch.

QueenGigantaurofMnet Tue 21-Dec-10 21:06:06

well you will shop in chavsda [serves you rigth emoticon]

kittywise Tue 21-Dec-10 21:06:47

It's ok it was Asda so that's allowed. You have your different shopping heads like good old Worzel Gummidge. Your Asda head ( wildly aggressive) your Tescos head ( very bored) and your oh so sophisticated Waitrose head(very coiffed.) wink

LadyOfTheFlowers Tue 21-Dec-10 21:06:48

Don't shop in Asda. Sorted.

I don't, for this very reason.

'Tis the season of goodwill and all that...

grin

BearCrimble Tue 21-Dec-10 21:07:25

Seriously you should never stoop to that sort of person's level. Just act blissfully unaware that they're being rude and say "Oh dear, I am sorry". It takes the wind out of their sails. She wanted a slanging match and you obliged.

Casmama Tue 21-Dec-10 21:08:46

I was once having a really bad day and got stuck behind a woman going into the supermarket. Her mobile rang and she stopped to answer it moving incredibly slowly towards the entrance. I meant to mutter "get out the fucking way" under my breath but it came out much louder than I meant and I then scurried off in embarassment.
YANBU - supermarkets are stressful places

ForFestiveSake Tue 21-Dec-10 21:09:13

YANBU - when you shop in Asda you have to try and blend in so as not to be noticed.

And she asked for it by the sounds of it.

AngelZigzagsSparklyYuletideLog Tue 21-Dec-10 21:09:50

YABU, for not understanding that the truth hurts wink

By the sounds of it, all hell's broken loose in supermarkets and people have started Christmas panic buying, you were lucky to get out alive smile

porcamiseria Tue 21-Dec-10 21:09:51

last time i went to asda they were all inbred looking, seriously. i am no snob, but cant bear it there

chrimblycompo Tue 21-Dec-10 21:10:42

Were you fighting to get to the last turkey? grin

LeakMyWiki Tue 21-Dec-10 21:10:49

can't have been the one in clapham junction or you'd be in hospital...

It must have been entertaining for the people around you both.

Do you hire out for parties?

Jajas Tue 21-Dec-10 21:15:06

C'mon which Asda?

GrimmaTheNome Tue 21-Dec-10 21:15:57

YABU.

Cows are used to moving in herds, and have nice eyes.

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:16:42

LOL,well she did ask.and is rude to lie

MrsNonSmoker Tue 21-Dec-10 21:18:54

This is the same woman that got me in Asda. She is on an Asda tour and will be coming to one near you shortly. Never in Waitrose ...

Booandpops Tue 21-Dec-10 21:19:19

Go to asda first thing to avoid the crowd. It's cheap. Better range than tescos and love George! But it can be a bit dodgy. Agreed. Everyone was very nice in asda today tho sympathy for me shopping at Xmas with 3&5 yo!!!!

You could have called her a revolting lardy arse faced beatch, then she'd have had something to complain about grin

EminentlyImminent Tue 21-Dec-10 21:24:35

In Waitrose we have an altogether naicer type of altercation involving swinging of Mulberry handbags and stamping on one another's Tods.

[You meant to say you didn't smack her in the cabbages? I'm disappointed Bupcakes - if ever an occasion called for it...]

TheMonster Tue 21-Dec-10 21:26:40

You stooped to below her rude level by insulting her. Sounds like you both belong in Asda.

PressureDrop Tue 21-Dec-10 21:30:52

I had an 'incident' in Sainsbo's last week. I didn't realise a woman standing about three feet away from me to my side was actually in front of me in the queue. When I steoped forward to be served she got in a real paddy and accused me of 'waltzing up and pushing in' (urrr, I was in a queue without about 10 people behind me, so there was no 'waltzing', only patient waiting).
I very politely apologised, said I hadn't realised she was queueing, and offered for her to go in front of me, which she refused. Cue lots of huffing and sulking and bitching about me to her mate while I was paying for my stuff. Oh, I just lost it with her. I think it was because originally I had been so restrained and polite to her, and she threw it back in my face.

I told her that he attitude would reslt in her crossing the wrong person and getting one almighty slap one day. I also called her a 'miserable bitch'. Well, actually, I stormed off in a strop and shouted 'Merry Christmas to you, too, you miserable bitch!' over my shoulder. No excuse for that sort of language or petulant behaviour, really.
I don't know what came over me, and I felt thoroughly ashamed of myself afterwards blush. She was miserable, though.

There is something about supermarkets and Christmas that brings out the very worst in people.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:32:46

FWIW, I am usually a Sainsbury's wench. But needed urgent supplies and there was a Chavsda within walking distance so thought why not?

Also, don't think that slanging matches are limited to Asdaa. I had an epic one in Sainsbo's around this time last year. The Sainsbury's one made this one look like a friendly chat over tea and cake. I realise I am making it sound like I trawl supermarkets looking for scraps which is not true blush

usualsuspect Tue 21-Dec-10 21:32:46

I've never come across this in asda, only perfectly normal people shop in my local asda [inbred]

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 21-Dec-10 21:33:38

My sister had a similar situation whilst out shopping, she turned around to the lady who was still mouthing off, stared intently at her face and said ' Oh I'm so sorry I didn't hear you the first time, I'm profoundly deaf', my sister isn't so it was a bit naughty really but it took the wind right out the lady's sail, she went bright red with embarrassment and skulked off.

zafrostypee Tue 21-Dec-10 21:35:06

Wouldn't happen in Waitrose

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:35:23

"You stooped to below her rude level by insulting her. Sounds like you both belong in Asda."

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh!

KatieMiddleton Tue 21-Dec-10 21:36:36

shock never happens in Waitrose!

Tbh I thought that was quite polite for Asda. It is rather <whispers> common.

southeastastra Tue 21-Dec-10 21:36:47

do you live in an area that's prone to nutters

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:36:58

miaow,dats you told

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 21-Dec-10 21:37:42

God I just peed my pants Bupcakes!

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:39:10

I think I do, SouthEast. And I have a face that attracts them to verbally abuse me, obviously.

We need some kind of pie chart of supermarkets and incidences of spats. I reckon there are no spats in Aldi, funnily enough.

usualsuspect Tue 21-Dec-10 21:39:22

Can you be bothered to row in a shop? ..now thats common

PressureDrop Tue 21-Dec-10 21:39:52

Only common people would even dream of using the word 'common'

<gavel>

PressureDrop Tue 21-Dec-10 21:40:14

grin

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:41:47
usualsuspect Tue 21-Dec-10 21:41:56

I might be common but I have never lowered myself to yorp in any shop

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:42:41

whats yorp?

usualsuspect Tue 21-Dec-10 21:43:21

shout grin common midlands word

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:43:50

Oh I'm common, alright. What I didn't mention is that the urgent supplies which directed me into Asda in the first place included blue pop and some potato smiley faces for my DS Dwayne-Kyle.

I was en route from Claire's Accessories where I'd taken him to have his ears pierced for his 3rd birthday present. Bless him. He's playing CoD now and he just called one of his online gaming chums a cunt.

<flicks fag ash onto carpet for dog to lick up>

claig Tue 21-Dec-10 21:44:22

So it was you that called me a cow? How very dare you!!

PocketMouse Tue 21-Dec-10 21:44:48

I find Waitrose to be the worst for rude people actually.. I'll be standing there, trying to find the right kind of icing sugar, and some bint will SHOVE in front of me and stand there for 5 mins.

hmm

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:44:57

yorp i like that.will now shamlessly use.is a goodie

claig Tue 21-Dec-10 21:45:04

I'm avoiding ASDA in future, too many chavs

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:45:06

I'm a midlander and have never heard that word before. We obviously move in very different social circles, usualsuspect.

wink

izzywizzywoowooo Tue 21-Dec-10 21:46:10

She was rude but you did yourself no favous by retaliating grin However I would of done similar just can't keep my big mouth shut! blush

pmsl Bupcakes reminds me of when a huge woman was walking backwards down a super market aisle, I tried to get out of her way but she stepped on me, I said "whoops sorry" Like you do even when it's not your fault. She screamed in my face "f**king 'ell I aint got eyes in my arse". Now I am not one for quick comebacks normally but "really with an arse that size you could have three pairs" popped into my head and exited my mouth, I rather smuggly walked off to her ranking to her mother about what a mouthy cow I was PMSL

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 21:49:21

where do you all shop?in da hood?

KangarooCaught Tue 21-Dec-10 21:49:59

Dh & I saw a aisle-blocking barney contretemps in Waitrose and one of shouty women said to the other, "Asda closed is it?"

JingleBelleDameSansMerci Tue 21-Dec-10 21:50:10

YANBU at all - this has given me the best laugh I've had all evening.

Love "Do I look like a cow?" Really, that was just asking for trouble.

rupert1 Tue 21-Dec-10 21:50:10

I quite agree with "porcamiseria"earlier post you do very much get inbred looking types in Asda, especially more country locations,Best to avoid if possible or just go for a laugh

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 21:52:40

I know I shouldn't have retaliated but I felt something inside me snap. I think it's because she was the umpteenth person to bash into me today but on top of that she had the cheek to shout her mahf off at me. And she had really annoying hair which wound me up.

dementedma Tue 21-Dec-10 21:53:02

I was in Asda today and trying to buy a paper but an old "git" was in my way, arsing about with the papers. Tutting slightly, i reached passed him to get a paper at which point he noticed me and said, in the most MODULATED tones "Oh, I am most terribly sorry, I DO apologise. I am always in someone's way these days" and I felt like an absolute shit, and deservedly so!!

im more concerned that you shop in asda grin

PressureDrop Tue 21-Dec-10 21:55:02

I shop in a very middle class suburb of London, thank you very much grin

Full of nutbags, though. They probbaly all think I'm a nutbag, now. I may well be known as 'crazy, shouty, sweary woman' from now on shock.

Oh, she was a miserable beeyatch, though.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Dec-10 21:56:03

"Asda closed is it". Must remember that one for my jaunt to Waitrose on Christmas Eve.

KatieMiddleton Tue 21-Dec-10 22:00:30

Often people don't put the divider down on the conveyor belt to indicate they've finished unloading in Waitrose. Sometimes I give the back of their head a glare. But only if they deserve it. If they're very elderly, pregnant, disabled or possibly special needs I let it go.

wink

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:01:50

I go to our mini Waitrose only at Christmas as their christmas stock is always lovely. It makes me feel all festive just setting foot in there. Am going tomorrow for clementines, mince pies and port/cheese. There had better not be any bouffant-haired, rhino arsed twats looking for a bit of verbal or else...

Jajas Tue 21-Dec-10 22:02:38

Love that she had 'annoying hair', what pray is annoying hair when it's at home?!

usualsuspect Tue 21-Dec-10 22:04:26

Ive never been in a waitrose ,all that boden and Cath kitson bags puts me right off

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:04:40

Well, she looked a lot like this.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Tue 21-Dec-10 22:05:03

Love the "Asda closed" comment! But a contretemps in Waitrose. Doesn't happen in ours!! Mind you they have bouncers on the door to vet you before you go in.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:13:30

Why is Tesco held in higher regard than Chavsda? It's on a par, surely? Every time I've been in a Tesco, it's been like shopping in 1980s Poland. It's very depressing. Everything seems melancholy. Even the cheese seems sad.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Dec-10 22:17:50

Its not held in higher regard in our house. Same people, same shoving, just more expensive and they usually haven't got any of the items I went in for either.

PocketMouse Tue 21-Dec-10 22:19:30

seriously, our Waitrose is full of cunts really rude bitches! Usually it's some teenager in jodhpurs shouting for their Mummy and pushing my 3yo out of their way.

Tesco isn't on a par with Asda, it's much better IMO.

rofl at sad cheese though grin

mitochondria Tue 21-Dec-10 22:22:36

I had a very similar thing happen to me in ASDA the other week.

I didn't call mine a cow though, was too taken aback by her extreme rudeness.

This was just after I'd had my legs taken out by someone else with a trolley, I smiled and said "sorry".

I'm clearly not cut out for ASDA.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:23:53

I went into our mini Waitrose a few months back to buy a bottle of wine. One till open and huge queue so went to pay at fag counter. The woman behind it apparently couldn't serve me as she was "processing a glass hire order for a previous customer." She looked at me hoity-toitily over her specs. I told her that the ladies in Sainsbury's were excellent multi-taskers and that I'd bugger off and get my wine from there if i was troubling her too much.

I sounded like a right cunt.

HolyTaxAccountant Tue 21-Dec-10 22:36:08

Oh can I tell my favourite story about dh's work? He's a copper and on his very first day he was called to an altercation in Sainsbo's. Was rather urgent according to control, punches had been thrown.

Two OAPs were fighting over the last carrot. Oh how I chortled. They were both over 70 and punching and kicking with gay abandon. DH just didn't know where to start with dressing them down. He was only 26 and felt like he was telling off his grandad.

I was in Woolworths just before it went down the pan and a woman told my aunt 'to hurry up and move out the bloody way'. I politely explained that my aunt was profoundly deaf and disabled (which she couldn't have known considering she was barking orders at the back of her head). The response? 'Not my fricking problem, move her'. Charming, eh?

HolyTaxAccountant Tue 21-Dec-10 22:38:02

I went into a Waitrose to wee once. As I left, I swear to God I hear a woman chirrup 'no Fintan darling, we only buy organic'. Fintan was about 18 months and licking a cake display hopefully.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 22:39:29

Our Waitrose is always full of people who look like tramps but are poshos in disguise. I think we call them eccentrics.

KatieMiddleton Tue 21-Dec-10 22:46:10

Yes I have seen a woman on her knees in Richmond Waitrose explaining to a toddler that "mummy only buys organic milk" and some other shit that I couldn't hear as I had to turn away so she wouldn't see me sniggering.

God I love Waitrose!

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo Tue 21-Dec-10 22:48:46

"Then she said "do I look like a cow?" "

well, ask a stupid qusetion...

grin

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 21-Dec-10 22:57:45

Bup, I'll think you'll find that you sounded like a right drunk cunt grin

StayingFatherChristmasGirl Tue 21-Dec-10 22:59:23

You do get the occasional fight in Tesco, but you have to go to the right one - there are two near us, in neighbouring towns, and one is nice, but the other one feels really claustrophobic, and that's where dh and I saw a husband, wife and their son, all somewhat pissed (as farts, actually) trying to have a fight with one of the Tesco staff about something - not sure what, though. They were being rather slurred.

As dh and I left, the family left too, and were berating the taxi drivers in the taxi rank there who (surprisingly) didn't want to drive them home (or back to the pub - not sure which). Their son, who did seem less inebriated than his parents, was trying to get them to leave, because he'd spotted the police arriving - but his parents were having none of it.

Dh meanly wouldn't stay so we could see what happened when the police arrived, and drove us to the other Tesco to do our shopping.

SantasENormaSnob Tue 21-Dec-10 23:07:30

Your new name suits you sooooo much better grin

yanbu btw

Shodan Tue 21-Dec-10 23:12:04

HolyTaxAccountant Tue 21-Dec-10 22:38:02

"I went into a Waitrose to wee once."

grin grin

I know you meant a big Waitrose complete with lavs but now I have a mental picture of you squatting mid-cake-aisle and earwigging on Jacinta and Fintan's convo.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:12:20

"Your new name suits you sooooo much better"

What you sayin' beyotch?

SantasENormaSnob Tue 21-Dec-10 23:17:53

Your last name was far too twee and you don't come across as the twee type.

You are more of a cow grin

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:19:11

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

MsKLo Tue 21-Dec-10 23:20:07

I would have reacted the same as you, probably even worse so YANBU

It could happen in waitrose if someone was silly enough to be like that to me whilst I shopped there (which is not often enough as so bloody expensive)

SantasENormaSnob Tue 21-Dec-10 23:24:21

Am definately not ugly or smelly.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:25:23

Well, it was on the tip of my tongue to tell her that maybe if she considered ATKINS she might not find accessing the aisles quite so problematic. She was rather, erm, girthy.

But when she started effing and jeffing at me and the spectators other shoppers were looking at her like shit, I thought "I have the moral high ground here" and left her to it. It's not often I have the MHG.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:25:52

Heh, Heh Norma grin

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 23:29:23

doh!had to read op name real slowly to get the ta da

Thingumy Tue 21-Dec-10 23:31:29

have always found the best arguments start in sainsburys queues

Bunch of dried up old miserable bags mainly who delight in tutting and whispering behind you because you don't pack your bags in a nano second.

I've unleashed my inner anger a few times at their twattish remarks and it felt flipping wonderful.

My Grandma (77) has a good come back to pushy 'ladies' in the queue which is 'You wouldn't be so quick to jump in my grave would you? No? Piss off then and wait like the rest of us'

SlackSally Tue 21-Dec-10 23:34:19

I saw/heard a mum in Waitrose today saying to her daughter (in a stage whisper) 'Oh DARLING, shall we get some puff pastry to make those pinwheels we had last year. You remember, don't you, we spread pesto over it?'

Daughter appeared to be about 2.5 years old. I rather suspect she didn't remember.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:35:23

My best supermarket verbal wrestle was in Sainso's. You get twats in there that think they're too lah-di-dah to set foot in Asda but aren't lah-di-dah enough to shop in the Waitrose.

scottishmummy Tue 21-Dec-10 23:37:00

y'all have such acrimonious shopping trips.clearly i have not lived

TheMonster Tue 21-Dec-10 23:37:48

bupcakes, I love the Vic&Bob handbags clip grin

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:38:50

Link here to an old threadof mine. My fave bit of supermaarket twattishness ever.

Jajas Tue 21-Dec-10 23:45:02

I'm thoroughly enjoying this thread but seriously need to be wrapping presents or hoovering or some such crapola so could you all please stop making me larf grin

newwave Tue 21-Dec-10 23:45:20

I was in a queue of about three trollies in Tesco when a woman with one item asked if she could go first, no probs I replied, the woman behind me had a right old moan, I turned to her and said "everyone has the right to be ugly or stupid but your taking the piss by being both.

I thought she was going to have a fit.

The woman I let in didnt stop laughing as she paid.

bupcakesandcunting Tue 21-Dec-10 23:49:56

newwave Hero status now achieved.

Jajas Tue 21-Dec-10 23:58:36

bupcakes I love this name too, much more fitting to your fiesty character!

methsdrinker Wed 22-Dec-10 01:04:46

What's the matter with the name Fintan??? It's a Saints name. There is a St Fintan's tree in Mountrath Laois. There are hundreds of fintans round thoses parts, pretty normal ones, I always thought

marine241 Wed 22-Dec-10 10:01:51

Mowiol Wed 22-Dec-10 10:28:06

grin - this thread has given me a right good laugh before I start making an arse of decorating the christmas tree.

And oh yes, I do that thing of apologising when someone else runs over my foot/bumps into me!

Why do we do that?? hmm

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 10:29:56

I don't do it. If I do, it's very sarcastic. "Ooh, sorry. In your way, was I?"

I'm surprised I haven't had my face punched in by now.

OhLittleTownOfShirley Wed 22-Dec-10 10:33:01

I was out eating in a fast food place this week and we were just finishing up when a woman came up to our table, ignoring me and DS completely, beckoned one of the workers over and said "Can you clean this table please?" WHILE WE WERE STILL SITTING THERE.

I hate people

Rollmops Wed 22-Dec-10 10:34:34

I see no problem with such salutations whilst mingling risking ones life amongst the patrons of that particular establishment? hmm
Correct form was used indeed....

confused

Mowiol Wed 22-Dec-10 10:42:09

I'm venturing out to Tesco later today - I shall be on the lookout for altercations and report back if I see any.
I only once had an altercation when I pointed out that a man had queue-jumped in a very busy bakers where there was a long slow queue. He then glared at me and called me stupid as he left the shop after his purchase.
I lead a sheltered life grin

ensure Wed 22-Dec-10 11:07:35

Cupcakes: how do you make rose harissa?

lucky1979 Wed 22-Dec-10 11:48:02

Someone pushed me out of the way to get to the drinks while was queuing in the cafe John Lewis last week. I was more shocked that it happened in John Lewis than I was about being pushed.

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 12:50:27

You just boil all of the ingredients together (chillis, cumin, garlic,) in very little water, DO NOT LET CHILLIES BURN, then belnd together with the rose petals or rose water if you are desperate. Put into jar, cover with olive oil, stick in fridge.

madonnawhore Wed 22-Dec-10 12:51:33

I'm normally a pacifist but I have to guiltily admit that I do love a good supermarket showdown. I get it from my father. He has been known to go nuclear in the checkout line.

The time he lost it in the 'baskets only' queue when the woman behind him pointed out that even though he only had 10 items, he couldn't use that checkout becuse those 10 items WERE IN A SHOPPING TROLLEY NOT A BASKET, is still talked about in our local Waitrose nearly 9 years later.

Yes, Waitrose.

grin

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-Dec-10 12:56:00

OOH I can't wait.

I shop at 3 supermarkets for my food shop - tesco for basics (I go at 2 in the morning as is quiet), Asda for alcohol and Sainsbos for stuff like pate.

I love it, I love watching the scraps.

I think the worst are Waitrose shoppers, you get horsey Cheletneham College twats in there who come in shopping in their jodhpurs and trail HORSE SHIT through the place. Dirty cahs.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-Dec-10 12:57:05

The Belazu rose harissa from teh special food selection in Sainsbos is very nice if you can't be arsed haven't the time to make the recipe above.

Love this thread!!

I was in Tesco at 3am on a Sunday AM once and there were drunk people coming out the pubs who had started a cheese fight in the dairy aisle.

taintedsnow Wed 22-Dec-10 13:45:36

Bloody hell OhLittleTownOfShirley. Did you say anything?!

NinkyNonker Wed 22-Dec-10 13:53:28

Internet shopping sounds dull compared to this! Though I did venture to Sainsbo's earlier for more wine last minute essentials earlier, had 4 mo old DD in funny little seat thing looking very cute and smiling at everyone while we went round. Softened a few of the more grumpy faces I saw!

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 13:53:29

Ha ha ha I missed Shirley's post. She obviously wanted you to be cleared up like a piece of rubbish. Why did you not kick her in the minge?

GabbyLoggon Wed 22-Dec-10 13:56:31

Dont lose any sleep over it...

I once told someone they had "all the charm of a ferret in a rabbit hutch" They laughed

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 13:58:50

I love you Gabby.

Joolyjoolyjoo Wed 22-Dec-10 14:04:16

See, this is the reason I do all my shopping online!

However I do remember years ago, when M+S used to get their turkeys delivered on Christmas Eve, and you couldn't order them. I was in town (only a young thing!) and saw the police cars, and several well-dressed women being led away, bawling like fishwives! Apparently people had been queueing since the early hours at the front entrance, then some silly M+S person opened the back door at the same time- was seemingly like a battle scene from Braveheart- turkey carnage!

M+S stopped that silly system the next year!

Lotster Wed 22-Dec-10 14:05:37

Hah hah Orm - 'impertinent bovine' grin

Well my Peter Pan obsessed 4 year old son called an old lady a "Scurvy bilge rat" in Waitrose two days ago... in his defence he was dress as a pirate.

I didn't tell him off or make him apologise because said woman had two minute previously tutted at my 1 year old daughter for crying out for her welly when it fell off.

smile

norfolkBRONZEturkey Wed 22-Dec-10 14:11:22

I've got driving lessons for christmas and birthday. I didnt want them cos really Im dreading learning but now...
now I want to learn so I can go to supermarkets

ilovesprouts Wed 22-Dec-10 14:20:21

gosh must be an asda thing ,my dd and i was shopping at our local asda and we had just stopped by the gifts to get her pal a gift ,when this man pushed into the trolly that had my grandson in and told us to fing move ,[we was not in the way]and gave us a load of abuse ,then we bumped in to him again still gave us the gob etc ,so we went and told sercurity ,dont know if they found him tho angry

arfur Wed 22-Dec-10 14:26:34

Am starting to feel a little bit anxious about going to waitrose on Friday for the turkey collection now. Mind you Kate and Wills have been known to shop at our local Waitrose ITS THAT POSH!! (we live v close to her parents) grin. I do remember last year in the mad parcel collection office some woman muttering under her breath at me "great parking" so gave her my biggest smile and said oh thank you in a really patronising tone as I flounced out in a very mumsnetty way. (Felt really proud of myself for that one - can you tell?) Christmas stress does truly bring out the worst in people!

ImeldaSnowboots Wed 22-Dec-10 14:57:06

I remember having a spat in tesco's with a nasty cow woman once. I was quite heavily pregnant with DS and doing last minute christmas shopping, silly me!

Anyhoo, I was beside this cow woman and reached up to pick something, think it was 'stocking-filler tat' and a couple of the items fell, missing her, but near enough, I said sorry, obviously.

She got huffy, "so you should be too, barging around, knocking things off shelves!!"
Me : yes, am really very sorry
cow her: well, if you hadn't barged in, you should be more careful, what a cheek, blah, blah
me: I said sorry, and actually, i think it may be the stores fault for overfilling the shelf?
cow her: no, you shouldn't be so rude..etc

I left the shop in tears (pregnant etc), DP found me outside shop & marched in, (I had described her) to give talking to, she 'didn't notice' I was pregnant hmm some shop assistants apparently got involved and asked DP did I want to come back in, they would get me a cuppa etc
Some people are just rude.

ilovesprouts Wed 22-Dec-10 15:10:38

ImeldaSnowboots some ppl are just so rude

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 15:15:29

People are cunts, the lot of 'em. All of the cunts who want a fight whilst shopping for groceries should be herded into one supemarket and those of us who like our shopping to pass without drama should be able to shop free from harrassment by these ne'er-do-wells.

HecTheHallsWithBoughsOfHolly Wed 22-Dec-10 16:27:51

Must be something in the air grin

I popped to sainsbury today. A bloke was standing in my way. Just standing. Not doing anything. I said "excuse me". He looked at me and didn't shift. hmm I said "or not then, that's fine, you just stay there." and leaned across him. blush Himself told me off.

Then I was queueing and some bloke (different one) came past. The lady in the queue next to me had her trolley at a funny angle and it was in the way. He grabbed it and shoved it! Shoved it into her! and got past.

I turned to him and said "You know you could have just said excuse me, don't you?"

He gave me a shock face and walked off.

Himself told me off again blush

Apparently one day I am going to get thumped. grin

- not by Himself, I hasten to add! Just by someone I confront in the supermarket.

deaddei Wed 22-Dec-10 16:50:51

We are blessed with a WAitrose and ICeland next to each other, which makes for interesting confrontations in the car park.
There was a hunky man in WAitrose asking me if I wanted help with packing- I refused as with my anal tendencies I like to do it myself-so he put everything on the conveyor belt for me.
I could watch his rippling muscles as he bent over the trolley.....

amothersplaceisinthewrong Wed 22-Dec-10 16:54:30

Iceland and Waitrose next to each other, and yet a zillion miles apart.....

bupcakesandcunting Wed 22-Dec-10 17:02:27

We have an Iceland and a Waitrose in close proximity too. Sometimes the proles salt-of-the-earth types stray too far from the familiar territory where Frozen Chicken Pistols reign into the unknown territory of the rose harissa. It can be quite dangerous as they tend to lash out when they become scared.

Lotster Wed 22-Dec-10 17:08:25

grin

"Aargh! Someone help get this tabbouleh away from me!!!"
"There there dear, here's a £1 prawn ring, you're safe now"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now