dh doesn't believe 2mo said mama to me

(109 Posts)
zapostrophe Sun 12-Dec-10 16:15:39

Message withdrawn

drr Sun 19-Dec-10 22:03:31

my eldest's first word was 'radiator' at about 4 months. Then didnt get another word out of him until he was 20 months. Probably peaked too soon!

RunawayRasin Sun 19-Dec-10 12:53:25

I swear to this day that when DS was 3 months old he looked at me and said perfectly clearly "Elvis". I took it as a request and gave him a short rendition of suspicious minds.(which made him grin

I thought I was going mad when I went into DS3 one night when he was five weeks old and said 'what's wrong, little man?' and he quite clearly replied 'hungry!'. And he was.

Mind you, we're back to 'agoo' and 'alas, alas' when he's cross now (6m).

edam Sun 19-Dec-10 10:51:46

ds's first word that wasn't babble came at about six months, so not as prodigious as some here. But we were reading a board book about a piggy to him at the time, and he did say 'sausages' very clearly. grin

CamperFan Sat 18-Dec-10 11:20:15

DS2 is 7 weeks. According to DS1 who has just turned 4, he has already said 3 words. The first of which was "banana", said at a tender 7 days old grin

sockmonkey Sat 18-Dec-10 08:35:36

DD is actually a seriel confesser. She is 10m and fairly regularly says "I Diddit". Funny cos her brothers often blame stuff on her.

blondieminx Fri 17-Dec-10 23:37:28

loving this thread!

DD aged about 10 weeks was babbling and making noises similar to some names of Arsenal players which amused her dad no end!

Aged almost 11 months she now says ngooo nnngoooh a lot... thanks to this thread I now know she wants chocolate mousse wink

LolaBellsAllTheWay Fri 17-Dec-10 23:25:20

My DD1 2.3yo said to her sister today "i'm sorry but I will never kiss a frog" her sister 8mo replied with "ssssssssppppppppppprrrrrrrruuuuuugggg" or something similar!

I sense DD1 got the brains but I'm hoping DD2 will prove me wrong!

Lifebeganat40 Fri 17-Dec-10 23:05:43

My son was un-named for the first week so I used to say "Hello Boy". At just two days a hurrican blew open the windows of the hospital and the curtains up in the air. slightly later he uttered the word "Boy" so loud that the woman in the next bed looked shocked. Oddly we didn't name him Damian.

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Fri 17-Dec-10 21:42:21

DD1 (also no.3) from 4 months has been saying 'hello'. I didn't mention it to the family as I knew they would take the piss.

At a party BIL came back in from the kitchen holding his beer saying 'fuck me, think I've had to much she just said hello to me '

DH and I said not a word, just smiled and gave him a sympathetic look.

flinginghasflung Fri 17-Dec-10 21:20:34

My DS said nothing until about 9 months, the he announced "crisps!" in Tesco and hasn't shut up since. DD still at 2.5 doesn't say much, but started in very harsh sentences at about 14 months. "no! Not that one!". "He hit me." "DS did it." that sort of thing.

chipmonkey Fri 17-Dec-10 21:06:57

When ds1 was 4 months old, I said "How are you?" to him and he repeated it back to me! And never said it again!

FairiesWearSnowBoots Fri 17-Dec-10 19:56:24

well in this case my DS is amazingly clever!

one day old:
us: "do you want to meet your cousin now?"
him: "yeah"

a week old, crying:
us: "whats wrong?"
him: "a hair"..
...there was actually a hair on his face!

he has also before a month old said
"hello how are you"
"mummy"

since 6 months he has started saying "egg".
he says "egg" a lot at the moment. I fed him some as requested and he didn't like it.

celestinelass Fri 17-Dec-10 19:49:55

My 2 year old daughter trotted into playgroup ahead of me and the pushchair and announced to 12 startled mums and one mortified dad that....

"Mummy's got a string up her bum!"

That was the absolute end of shared bathroom time......

blush

Bathsheba Fri 17-Dec-10 17:14:18

I'm absolutely convinced my DD1 said "Poppy" onn her first night....

That is of course her name.

It may have been midwives whispering outside my door though...

bandgeek Fri 17-Dec-10 16:57:20

DS could say 'ta' when you handed him something when he was around 4 months. I've tons of witnesses.grin

I took him in for my 20 week scan with DD when he was 7 months old and he kept on saying 'baba'. I like to think it was about the scan [precious first born]

nymphadora Wed 15-Dec-10 18:29:12

Dd3 is saying hello to everyone today. She is 10 weeks

WilfShelf Mon 13-Dec-10 22:22:29

rofl at Aga. I bet she's also knocking up a few Nordic felted Christmas decorations behind your back also, while looking like she's just contentedly playing with her mobile. She's got them slotted underneath the mattress, ready to whip out with the snowflake shortbread dusted with sparkle sugar she made while apparently sleeping.

If you will leave the room to make a cup of tea...

zapostrophe Mon 13-Dec-10 22:05:54

Message withdrawn

Scaredycat3000 Mon 13-Dec-10 13:56:36

I can' quite remember how old DS was when he started saying 'Hi ya', maybe 5 months, he said it quite a bit, the clearest time he said it was in the waiting room in front of 2 HV. We all laughed and I thought no more of it. On our next visit for some reason the HV starts telling me about this baby that had said Hi ya grin, but he had stopped by then.

He also once said 'fuck it', we told MIL who had no sense of humour about it and seemed to think he meant it hmm

He's 20months now and still not talking, grr.

sockmonkey Mon 13-Dec-10 11:55:29

Oh my, I love this thread.
I have a video of DD at 6months saying Mum Mum Mum... thought she was clever, but by this thread's standards she is a bit backwards.

kenobi Mon 13-Dec-10 11:42:55

Wilfshelf - 'Or just cough 'bollocks' under your breath.'

Have just snorted porridge.

Loving this thread.

messylittlemonkey Mon 13-Dec-10 11:28:42

dd2 who is nearly 9mo says 'mama' to me and has for a few weeks.

i didn't think much of it but have noticed that she only uses it plaintively if she needs attention in some way or is cross about something!

redflag Mon 13-Dec-10 11:20:46

My 5 month old has been saying "i love you" for around 2 months now. Although he sort of sings it and is only copying the noises rather than saying the words. grin But i still think it counts

BertieBottlesOfMulledWine Mon 13-Dec-10 11:19:28

I know my stepmum used to rave about a book called "How to be a little sod" which is supposed to be along the same lines, but I haven't read it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now