dh doesn't believe 2mo said mama to me

(109 Posts)
zapostrophe Sun 12-Dec-10 16:15:39

Message withdrawn

Iwasthefourthwiseman Sun 12-Dec-10 21:49:23

DD2 is 11 weeks and said 'Hey' to me today - promise!

MisSalLaneous Sun 12-Dec-10 21:56:20

grin BrandyBatterPie. Some might argue that says so much about the political situation... <<uninterested in politics yet easily amused emoticon>>

BrandyButterPie Sun 12-Dec-10 22:08:47

DD1 was very good at random words out of nowhere- she used to wake up every morning saying "leg leg leg leg" and would quite often say "ohgod" when she was tired

DD2 is better with gestures. A personal favourite is randomly raising her fist like some kind of baby revolutionary :D

FlamingoBingo Sun 12-Dec-10 22:11:33

grin What a fab thread!

One of my DDs said, aged, 1 week, 'beer' grin

ethelina Sun 12-Dec-10 22:16:36

DS also does the revolution gesture, he says gnu as well. He's 13 weeks old.

MisSalLaneous Sun 12-Dec-10 22:20:33

When he was a week old, we had some professional photos taken of ds (pfb, I know, I know blush) - when selecting, he was doing the middle finger on quite a few!

My 6mo DS clearly said the word 'geek' in a gaming shop. He was surrounded by them at the time.

I know it was a coincidence, but it was a funny coincidence. grin

My dd had a whole conversation with me about Dr Seuss at 3 days old. Of course I hadn't slept and was also hallucinating that there were giant spiders in the room. I'm not a reliable witness.

pippop1 Sun 12-Dec-10 22:29:51

No! My 19 year old has maths A level. He grew up (sorry I wasn't clear).

ragged Sun 12-Dec-10 22:42:07

DS3 smiled at 13 days old, very clearly and obviously in response to social interaction, I have it on video. But the rest of you are deluded .

DD smiled at 13 days old too! She did it again later that day at dh and the next day at the midwife and hv. She smiled a lot from 2 weeks onwards. Not unheard of at all.

Jic Sun 12-Dec-10 22:51:43

When ds was seven months he said bitch

DD's first word at 3 days was 'NO!'

That went on for the next 16 years wink

tethersjinglebellend Sun 12-Dec-10 22:53:31

At nine days old, DD said that people actually make decisions based on the meaning to them rather than rationally, and that the rejection of reason as the source of meaning is a common theme of existentialist thought, as is the focus on the feelings of anxiety and dread that we feel in the face of our own radical freedom and our awareness of death.

Which was a surprise to all of us. Not least her dad, who has always advocated rationality as means to interact with the objective world (e.g. in the natural sciences), but when it comes to existential problems, maintains that reason is insufficient, as human reason has boundaries.

How we laugh about it now.

grin

Kristingle Sun 12-Dec-10 22:56:25

grin at tethersend

WilfShelf Sun 12-Dec-10 23:04:53

Am actually crying at tethersend grin

Do not mock me blush but ds3 has been talking since he was about 4 months old ....honestly hes never shut up - we laugh and say on the day he was born he said in his stewie from family guy voice .....'ohhh another one too posh to push'.

Its true ...(not the day he was born line but the other bit) even the HV used to take him to say hello to the gps.

I did have ds1 who didnt talk til he was 4 and ds2 who lisped so badly no-one knew what he was saying though.

Iwasthefourthwiseman Sun 12-Dec-10 23:13:57

Dd made a sound that sounded like 'woof' at 9 months & thereafter I conditioned her to say it in response to 'what do doggies say?'

My 4 month old said apple.

In German

<proud>

openerofjars Sun 12-Dec-10 23:24:05

Mine said "Catweazle" at 4mo. He was mimicking me insulting DH, harshly but accurately.

He's still at it. I asked him today (he's now 2) what he did with Daddy today and he replied "ran out of bloody milk".

onceamai Sun 12-Dec-10 23:29:11

By 10 mo DS had the full repertoire of amimals and their noises. I believe you OP. Sadly DS, now 15, also says things like "I'm going out, can I have fifteen quid" and "are you two going to pay my tuition fees up front"!! Enjoy these tender years. grin

OP, did you have Any Idea this thread would develop this way? You've cheered me up, thank you. I'm nominating it for Classics.

Oh, and before you permanently move over to Gifted and Talented, please give us some updates x

Iwasthefourthwiseman Sun 12-Dec-10 23:43:21

Dd1 (3) said from the toilet today 'please stop badgering me' grin. I don't know where she got it from...

Teela Sun 12-Dec-10 23:45:11

DS1 cried out MAMMOOOO to me when he was very little, like 8 weeks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now