Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

dh doesn't believe 2mo said mama to me

(109 Posts)
zapostrophe Sun 12-Dec-10 16:15:39

Message withdrawn

yeah right grin

It was a mistake, she was just babbling, but lucky you grin

you aren't being PFB. just insane wink

catinthehat2 Sun 12-Dec-10 16:26:18

one of mine said "potato" quite clearly at roughly the same age.
I cannot tell you how freaked out I was.shock

pippop1 Sun 12-Dec-10 16:30:55

My five year old said that "zero was the middle number in all the world". We'd just told him about minus numbers. I had to think if he was right! He got an A* in his Maths A level in the summer.

Chulita Sun 12-Dec-10 16:33:38

Your 5 year old has a Maths A level? [boggles]

twopeople Sun 12-Dec-10 16:34:42

Message withdrawn

melpomene Sun 12-Dec-10 16:39:08

I'm sure your dh is just jealous that she didn't say "dada" wink

My dd1 once said "hello" very clearly at the same age.

MeUnscrabbly Sun 12-Dec-10 16:40:47

Wasn't there someone on MN who's cat said 'he's a murderer'?

Your 2mo may have said mama, or potato, or Czechoslovakia, but not with any particular intent or meaning behind the sound.

lagrandissima Sun 12-Dec-10 16:48:45

My 3 wk old PFB said "don't cry mummy". My mother witnessed this. My DH thought we were both bonkers.

Ray81 Sun 12-Dec-10 16:49:11

My DD2 said Fish at about the same age. DH was so chuffed said she was very clever etc. I just rolled my eyes. grin

fortyplus Sun 12-Dec-10 17:11:01

When ds1 was just under 2 he was great at talking so I 'trained' him that when I said 'What happens when a tadpole turns into a frog' he replied 'metamorphosis!' grin

Though aged about 2.2 he came up with 'When I grow up I'm going to chop you up with an axe' Bless him... wink

TottWriter Sun 12-Dec-10 17:11:47

My DD (5mo) must be slow, as all she's managed so far is a slightly vague "hello" and an exorcist impression..

((And yes, the gurgle does sound like hello - I love cute flukes!))

glastocat Sun 12-Dec-10 17:15:09

My nine month old said 'Fuck' quite distinctly. My husband heard it too. Asd it was not a word we were in the habit of using in front of him it was quite disconcerting, and totally hilarious. grin

WilfShelf Sun 12-Dec-10 17:18:47

My 2 mo DS said 'you must sacrifice a pig and worship Sataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan'

But he said it backwards. I swear.

grin

peppapighastakenovermylife Sun 12-Dec-10 17:21:15

My nearly 4 month old said 'pardon' this afternoon so not only is he a genius but he is very polite wink

ullainga Sun 12-Dec-10 21:20:19

Of course she did. I know a cat who is talking about his friend John, this one

DrSeuss Sun 12-Dec-10 21:32:55

They do say, "Ma ma" quite a lot, quite early. Linguistically speaking, that's believed to be the reason so many languages have a word for mummy that starts with the sound "Ma".
DS said the word "arse" at less than 24 hours old as I was changing his nappy. At least, he exhaled with a kind of "arr-suh" sound so I complemented him on his vocabulary!

MrsPickles Sun 12-Dec-10 21:34:17

My baby said mama at 4 months, and definitely repeated ELEPHANT after DH smile
So I believe you!

MrsPickles Sun 12-Dec-10 21:35:12

Oh and DD1 said "I see dead people" at about 12months shock. Well it sounded very like that anyway

sooz28 Sun 12-Dec-10 21:38:18

mine said at one (and he didn't say proper words til nearly two) - 'I love volvos'

BrandyButterPie Sun 12-Dec-10 21:40:40

DD1 said "Obama" on the morning after he was elected. She did then point to a banana, but still!

nymphadora Sun 12-Dec-10 21:44:17

Dd2(9) is telling everyone that dd3 said 'ow' at 7 weeks. She is so impressed

MsKalo Sun 12-Dec-10 21:47:06

My ds said mama very early too, I find it hard to believe now as my DD has only recently said it -
(at fourteen months) but I know it is true as I wrote it down and remember it clearly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now