What do I do with the unclaimed raffle prize?

(11 Posts)
Colourworld Fri 10-Dec-10 09:10:42

I have approached an organisation who is willing to give the raffle prize away once they receive the details of the winner. I have informed one person who was in charge of organasing the even twice. The company has sent me an email asking when they are going to receive the details of the winner. I feel very uncomfortable as I have to send emails to the organiser of the Christmas Fayre and also uncertain replies to the benefactor. I have not received an answer and I need to respond. What do I tell? I have been thinking of writing to the head teacher's PA and ask her but who knows how they are going to react. They know the organisator very well. It is one of the mums. I was helping with the event contacting the businesses and do not even know whether the head teacher is aware of it. When I was at the event she did not even say hello to me and my DS and she was two steps away. I have posted lots of letters to the businesses. Got two raffle prizes but may be more. I tried to help as much as I could and think that the head teacher could have said hello knowing that I was involved in the organisation. Even partly. So, I do not think she was aware of it. Anyway, contacting her PA I am not sure about. I could send an email to the benefactor with the name of my DS or the school, so the prize would go to school. What would you do? Sorry, for such long message.

Colourworld Fri 10-Dec-10 09:30:51

do not know which answer to give to the company. what would you do?

Doigthebountyeater Fri 10-Dec-10 09:36:34

Sorry but I am thick and do not understand what you post is actually about.

potplant Fri 10-Dec-10 09:39:51

So there is a raffle and a company is going to send the prizes to the winners, but you don't know who the winners are. Is that right?

Can't you just send the company the contact details of the person who organised the raffle and let them sort it out themselves?

RJRabbit Fri 10-Dec-10 09:40:30

Ring the school, or head of the PTA or whatever organisation arranged the fayre and tell them to sort it out as it is becoming embarrassing for you.

RiojaLover75 Fri 10-Dec-10 09:41:38

I don't get it either............

Colourworld Fri 10-Dec-10 09:49:06

Yes, the company wants the details of the raffle prize winner. The person who knows the name does not answer to me. I feel embarrassed already. I have been thinking of contacting the head teacher's PA but dot really sure about it. WOuld it be all right to bother them with this question or should I contact them organiser again.

MaryBS Fri 10-Dec-10 09:49:31

So, its a raffle prize for the school Christmas fayre? I would phone up the head and ask who the winner was. Go straight to the top.

One last thought, if you've been emailing the organiser, do you know she has received the emails? Have you tried calling her?

MaryBS Fri 10-Dec-10 09:50:30

The benefactor might want the name so the gift can be personalised. If you give your son's name, it might be his name that appears on the gift.

going Fri 10-Dec-10 09:51:22

Tell them to contact the school direct. That way it's out of your hands.

Colourworld Fri 10-Dec-10 10:05:28

I am going to email the PA. This year the company has been very kind to us and if we behave like that they may never help us.
Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now