Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that Nintendo are a bit out of order getting primary school teachers to advertise for them?

(30 Posts)

This is my first ever AIBU so a bit nervous, please be gentle!

But is it not a bit weird? I don't really have any strong feelings about Nintendo DSs per se - I have no particular problem with kids having them. I don't much like it when I see really little kids with them, or kids in restaurants, or friends of my DCs glued to them when we have gone to their house to play, but generally I think they look like fun.

This new ad, though, where the junior school teacher takes them into class and talks about what a great educational tool they are - really? I know DSs have some great learning programmes on them, but something about that ad doesn't sit right with me, I don't know why.

Could be, I'm not sure. Is Nintendo sponsoring that blog or something???

Clever marketing people at Nintendo, eh?

aJumpedUpPantryBoy Mon 18-Oct-10 22:48:18

It is her
It says so about halfway down this page

Isn't it similar to tutoring services bribing schools to send letters home to parents suggesting that parents might wish to consider using the services? Schools get a kick back from every response received.

JamieLeeCurtis Tue 19-Oct-10 13:14:36

It is her - so ner ner ner ner ner

<mature>

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now