Perfectly reasonable things which you unreasonably unreasonable about

(757 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 10:44:43

Names with umlauts in them, unless you live in Germany or nordic lands. I don't mind accents in names, or that funny dot above the i in Irish names, but names with umlauts in get on my tits. Especially Zoë. Everyone can pronounce it when it is spelled Zoe. It is just attention seeking.

Clarebythesea Tue 22-Mar-11 20:45:06

'could of' instead of 'could have'. aaarghhhh!!

gingerwig Wed 22-Sep-10 23:23:37

people writing
"Woot woot" online to denote excitement

chefswife Wed 22-Sep-10 01:15:13

When my uncle's girlfriend parks in our spot in the driveway even though I know DH won't be home for hours and she will have gone to work by then. blush

moosemama Tue 21-Sep-10 23:19:04

People who say "my bad". I don't know why but it really grates with me.

Why can't they just say something sensible like "sorry, my mistake"?

gingerwig Tue 21-Sep-10 22:50:05

when people online say
<and breathe>

especially when surrounded by those stupid arrows.
Also when people on mumsnet make a witty or ironic remark, then say "ahem"

Honestly, makes me want to puke.

And as for
"<passes large gin and slice of cake>" or whatever.
It was MILDLY witty the very first time, before any of us were born. Now it's just annoying

rockinhippy Tue 21-Sep-10 11:53:35

I'm with you on the milky tea, or coffee.....hate making anyone a cup, as it makes me wretch blush

People who smoke in the street...okay, I know you have to smoke somewhere, but it still pisses me right off blush

Low fat anything....its a con, full of inedible crap, other fattening stuff & water, & fools no-one hmm

People who think because I'm polite enough to say "good morning" means I always want to have a chat, even though some days I might, others I wont grin

people who still speak in baby talk/voice to School age kids...FFS let them grow up, it was annoying at 2 is F'ING annoying by then

Neavesy Tue 21-Sep-10 11:30:12

That's right Fellatio, it's never an uncomfortable and tedious journey that seemed to drag on forever, like the Tube during Friday rush hour, is it?

2shoes Tue 21-Sep-10 11:28:27

when the say(on tv)
west ham V Chelsea

It is Verses(sp)
drives me mad lol

Neavesy Tue 21-Sep-10 11:27:16

People who describe an episode of a TV show they watched last night in great detail, even though I have just told them I never watch that show.

FellatioNelson Tue 21-Sep-10 11:12:28

Neavesy and don't forget they always go on their 'journey' via rollercoaster!

YaddahYaddahYaddah Tue 21-Sep-10 11:10:45

I hate the use of the word 'pop' when used to mean go somewhere.

Neavesy Tue 21-Sep-10 11:07:38

People who use the word 'journey' for anything that hasn't involved an actual journey.

GetOrfMoiLand Tue 21-Sep-10 11:04:17

HA!! Fellatio I so agree with the funky hairstyles on larger women . I blame Sharon Osborne.

FellatioNelson Tue 21-Sep-10 11:02:04

'Wacky funky' hairstyles on women old enough to know better. Especially if they involve flat bits juxtaposed with hedgehoggy bits, all on the one head. And if they need 'product' in order to work. And if they are vaguely purple coloured.

virgomummy Mon 20-Sep-10 13:11:05

Spiders - the way they only appear when it's too late/dark to go and get help in removing so I have to watch the damn thing like a hawk to make sure it doesn't suddenly disappear and end up on my head.

People who say about said spiders "oooh they won't hurt you" or "they're more scared of you than you are of them". Next month's wages says they're not and yes I know it's irrational but I really am bloody scared so stop picking on me!

People who constantly spell 'weird' wrong. It is not 'wierd'!!!!

People who drive at 40mph whether they're in a 20 zone or on the motorway.

People leaving dirty dishes in an empty sink. Please don't do this, leave them next to the sink so I don't have to take them out to fill up the sink and then put them back in again to wash them!!!

And breathe

I'm with you on parties, LTBR. grin

People who hang the loo roll the Wrong Way Round.

Having to listen to men eating things (women don't annoy me as much). My dad eating a banana will make me leave the room.

DH's breath in the middle of the night, even though I know he flosses and cleans assidiously. blush

LetThereBeRock Mon 20-Sep-10 12:53:43

Parties.I hate them,all of them.

minxofmancunia Mon 20-Sep-10 11:58:23

people who call barms/rolls/baps "teacakes" even breadcakes is more acceptable.

note to (mainly yorkshire) people who do this, teacakes have currants in ok??

eastegg Mon 20-Sep-10 11:53:20

People (who know me quite well) who ask me how I have my tea and then completely ignore my answer by putting half a pint of milk in and no sugar.

'Ooh, do you have sugar?' YES! I know it's virtually illegal, but YES! I told you one minute ago in response to your own question.

smoothieo Mon 20-Sep-10 11:51:24

My mum using the word 'jobby' when she can't think of the name of something. I once told her how much it irritates me but I think she actually does it more since I said that...

IoanaDana Mon 20-Sep-10 11:41:44

Can't stand DH holding his breath more than 3 seconds - he has a habit to breathe in and then hold - I panic that he stopped breathing

Can't have DH touching me while I'm holding a knife or hot drink/kettle etc or just while I'm busy

londontj Mon 20-Sep-10 11:22:27

Slurping tea and coffee. Have sat in meetings trying to strangle slurpy colleagues with the power of thought and missed entire gist of discussion.

minxofmancunia Mon 20-Sep-10 11:17:45

getorf I think they're more than just drunk at northern soul, I too was the youngest (think i was 22 at the time), it was at the Kings Hall in Stoke where I'd previously taken my A levels 4 years previously.

strange but highly amusing.

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 20-Sep-10 11:12:03

Fellatio - I take it you have never been to a Northern Sould dance. I have - nearly split my sides laughing at the dances.

I was the youngest person there by MILES, they were very welcoming but bloody hell I couldn't dance like that if I tried - I would have to be double jointed (and more drunk)

FellatioNelson Mon 20-Sep-10 11:09:04

But actually, at least she has the good grace to go home, as opposed to the other mad auntie, who insists on doing that stange dance where she kicks one foot up behind her and touches it with the opposite hand. Very northern working mens' club circa 1975, that. Like a strange British forerunner to line dancing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now