Perfectly reasonable things which you unreasonably unreasonable about

(757 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 10:44:43

Names with umlauts in them, unless you live in Germany or nordic lands. I don't mind accents in names, or that funny dot above the i in Irish names, but names with umlauts in get on my tits. Especially Zoë. Everyone can pronounce it when it is spelled Zoe. It is just attention seeking.

good thread, sure I have hundreds but will need to remember them

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 11:20:19

lol at x posts with Eccentrica re milk.

Milky coffee with skin on. DP had a cappuccino yesterday sat outside a windy cafe. I watched as the wiond blew a great big milk skin on his coffee. He then DRANK the coffee, skin and all. i nearly gagged. I am NEVER kissing him again.

HRHPrincessReality Mon 13-Sep-10 11:20:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thank you Nancy
Women calling each other "mate"
People calling each other "muppet"

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 11:21:56

OOh yes the yoghurt lids. WHY do that? Do you really need an extra 0.1mg of yoghurt? Licked off tin foil? How fucking empty is your life <works up head of steam re dairy products>

Nancy, you'd hate me, I call my DD mate (along with many other names). I can't bear high heeled shoes. Either for me or DD. I can't stand a face full of make up on the mums at the school gates. I almost feel sorry for juicy mum (tracksuit) who shows off her cellulite and camels toe spectacularly. I don't like breast implants when they are quite obviously fake (I understand there are instances where they improve peoples lives).

HRHPrincessReality Mon 13-Sep-10 11:23:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I lick yoghurt lids, it's part of the fun

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 11:23:29

People describing things as 'lush'.

Reminds me of dd's food tech assignment where she had to describe how her cake looked when she had iced it, the teacher had written at the top of the assignment sheet in capitals 'DO NOT USE THE WORDS NICE OR LUSH' grin

GeekOfTheWeek Mon 13-Sep-10 11:23:53

People who interrupt me speaking to regale about their own anecdotes.

Have taken to tapping an imaginginary microphone and saying loudly 'Excuse me, is this thing on. Thought so, I was speaking first you rude bastard'

People who whistle nervously in lifts, just because they are uncomfortable with the silence. I mean, it's a lift, could you just shut the f*ck up for a few moments?

how about the phrase "it's all good"?

TheHeathenOfSuburbia Mon 13-Sep-10 11:24:43

People feel that my obsession with keeping the fridge door closed is unreasonable. But these are mostly people who like to stare into it in a trance for hours. Which is WRONG! <mad glint in eye>

Mniemmniem Mon 13-Sep-10 11:24:52

People eating with mouth open

being bothered by anyone when I'm in the bath

Expecting DH to know when it's my period and him acting accordingly with no sex pestering and lots of chocolate and sympathy

GetOrfMoiLand Mon 13-Sep-10 11:25:26

Mummys in playgrounds calling across 'darling...darling'

Just use his name you halfwit, there are 20 kids here and they are all darlings, yes we can see you are middle class by the clothes you are wearing, there is no need to speak so loudly so we can hear your RP accent.

Nancy66 Mon 13-Sep-10 11:26:32

"I'm good"

in response to 'how are you?'

PomPotty Mon 13-Sep-10 11:26:48

ooh can I join in too please!

People using the word chilax <cringing just typing it>

Shop assistants pestering me and asking if they can help or if I am looking for something in particular..... just leave me alone!! I'll ask if I need your help, what do you have to do to get some peace and quiet... sigh

HRHPrincessReality you comments on this thread are making me lol

i agree with the palming kids off to relatives, my neighbour does that and moans when she actually has them hmm

Honeydragon Mon 13-Sep-10 11:28:29

GetOrfMoiLand

Thankyou for the validation grin

I thought I was unreasonable because I keep seeing it.

Clearly I am the only reasonable person when it comes to hygiene at ds's school.

<<passes yoghurt top to Stealth>>

The fact that all three dses and dh will come and ask me one after another, what is for tea. FFS one of you come and ask, and then go and share the information with the rest. Or wait and see what turns up on the plate at tea time.

People who are naturally thin and can eat whatever they want - like my dh, who can eat 5 yumyums at a go, and still not put on weight, the selfish bastard!

Other people being on the roads when I am trying to get somewhere.

abitpearshaped Mon 13-Sep-10 11:29:28

Nicest bit of a low fat yoghurt is the bit on the lid. It's got a bit of fat in I think.

Honeydragon Mon 13-Sep-10 11:30:49

People who mention yumyums when I am hungry hmm

Honeydragon Mon 13-Sep-10 11:31:51

<<wails>>

I want a yum yum

GeekOfTheWeek Mon 13-Sep-10 11:32:50

People who answer their mobile during a medical consultation.

Fathers who start making calls before the placenta is even out.

I am so sorry, Honeydragon. I will now go and flagellate myself with a Walnut Whip, in penance! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now