dismantling DH's lego constructions

(38 Posts)
zapostrophe Sat 21-Aug-10 19:44:16

Message withdrawn

3littlefrogs Sat 21-Aug-10 19:45:44

Take photos, put them in a Lego scrap book with the date and the name of the builder. Then dismantle them.

Wigeon Sat 21-Aug-10 19:46:56

grin

Wigeon Sat 21-Aug-10 19:47:37

DH says he's happy for me to break up his lego creations as long as he gets a chance to show me first (and I say well done!)

grin

Wigeon Sat 21-Aug-10 19:48:39

He would like to add that he recently made a vehicle containing all the bricks and pieces from the big Duplo box. Clever DH. grin

3littlefrogs Sat 21-Aug-10 19:49:02

And, FWIW, I do think a grown man should be able to handle the fact that he can't keep his lego creations forever..............It is nice to keep photos of the dcs' creations though.

HecateQueenOfWitches Sat 21-Aug-10 19:49:35

Has he complained about it?

Buy him his own?

sorrento56 Sat 21-Aug-10 19:51:57

YABU.

grin.

poshwellies Sat 21-Aug-10 19:52:55

I always break them up <evil> dh has just finished a star wars creation which took 4 hours,am eyeing the damn flipping thing up already.

Mind you, he also made a r2d2 lego robot,if I broke that one up I think I'd be getting divorced grin

Pancakeflipper Sat 21-Aug-10 19:56:24

Does he want to meet up with my OH?

I am currently being ignored by him because I dismantled the Lego garage and the cars he made this afternoon whilst I was out with the kids. He's in a foul mood.

I love the photo idea. Will offer that as a olive branch.

zapostrophe Sat 21-Aug-10 19:56:44

Message withdrawn

zapostrophe Sat 21-Aug-10 19:57:45

Message withdrawn

poshwellies Sat 21-Aug-10 19:57:52

grin

McCrappy Sat 21-Aug-10 19:59:20

grin

zapostrophe (the real one not the lego nerd grin)

Can I just say YADNBU and major thanks for introducing me to the term "emotional capital".

Stunning.

emptyshell Sat 21-Aug-10 20:00:49

The first thing I heard from hubby when I told him I was pregnant was "COR I CAN GET ALL MY LEGO OUT OF THE LOFT AT MY MUMS NOW!!!"

DH not a lego addict but my 3 adult brothers are terrible. Whenever we get together at my parents' house they immediately get the lego out "for the kids" and for the next 45 minutes you hear nothing but the scrape scrape of trying to find the right piece and then the cl-click of assembly.

maddylou Sat 21-Aug-10 20:19:21

i wouldn`t but then I`m a softie--the Scaletrix track made at Christmas once was still being stepped over in the lounge months later!!!

BeenBeta Sat 21-Aug-10 20:33:40

Mr zapostrophe - I feel for you mate!

What you want to get yourself is a Lego Mindstorm.

It says you can build a humanoid with it - you could threaten to build yourself a new wife.

That'll learn her! grin

cupofcoffee Sat 21-Aug-10 21:07:58

oops I misread the thread title, thought it said DS's lego constructions and came here to sympathise as my ds objects if his creations are broken but he is 6. grin Don't know what to say now....

We went to legoland the other day and ds had a great time. There is a good lego shop there too. Maybe you could take DH there grin

poshwellies Sat 21-Aug-10 21:11:02

Piss orf beta! grin

dh has just completed a mindstorm and driven me around the bend in the process

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 21-Aug-10 21:16:14

YANBU.

I get told off for clearing away DH's carefully assembled train track using every piece we own so that I can hoover/DS can play with something else.

grin

KurriKurri Sat 21-Aug-10 21:21:54

I suggest you buy him his own Duplo for his nearly 40th 39th birthday, and then he can keep his creations intact indefinitely.

BeenBeta Sat 21-Aug-10 21:44:36

poshwellies - grin

If it was something mega like the Lego Death Star then I would say your DH is right and something like that should never be destroyed but should have pride of place on the mantleshelf for ever. But as its Duplo YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now