to refuse to buy a dress for DD's teddy bear

(33 Posts)
dilemma456 Tue 17-Aug-10 16:46:06

Message withdrawn

scurryfunge Tue 17-Aug-10 16:47:43

Precious First Teddy obviously.grin

SecretNutellaFix Tue 17-Aug-10 16:48:24

what about pocket money?

if she is that desperate for a dress for tedyd, then she buys it with her own money.

dilemma456 Tue 17-Aug-10 16:50:23

Message withdrawn

mrspickles Tue 17-Aug-10 16:50:30

Oh I know the feeling. I am always having to refuse DD's dolly Violet toys & clothes from the shop. I have tried telling DD that she is Violet's mummy and responsible for buying her clothes, but apparently I am her mummy although I don't remember giving birth to her hmm. We are often late for things as Violet refuses to come, needs a drink, has to get dressed, wants to play in the garden, won't go to bed etc etc. Violet is also a boy.

MaamRuby Tue 17-Aug-10 16:51:25

You are evil.
You have permanently damaged your child's development

Please provide all your details so I can report you to social services.

Ans possibly the RSPCA

dilemma456 Tue 17-Aug-10 16:56:09

Message withdrawn

harassedinherpants Tue 17-Aug-10 16:56:16

I have a 4 yr old dd.......I feel you pain!!

She's always wanting clothes for her dolls, and they're so expensive. I've taken her into a couple of charity shops and she's chosen new born clothes in there. She was very happy (and so was I!) grin

aah- get her the dress

BubbaAndBump Tue 17-Aug-10 17:10:28

Can you make the beat something dress like together with your DD? Wouldn't take much sewing know how and she might really enjoy making one with you?

My DD announced today (aged 3) that I should buy her something for her birthday (in May) as we headed into Boots to buy iron tablets for me. I was told I was mean and not nice and I should share my money when I refused, so I do feel your pain...

BubbaAndBump Tue 17-Aug-10 17:11:44

blush make the bear blush not "make the beat" confused

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 17-Aug-10 17:19:24

Deffo v u

Mean mean mean.

KurriKurri Tue 17-Aug-10 17:21:42

Do you have any baby dresses put away somewhere? Teddies are usually quite happy to wear them in an emergency.

Your DD might enjoy The Teddy Robinson Stories by Joan G. Robinson - the teddy in them is a bit like hers on matters of dressgrin

herbietea Tue 17-Aug-10 17:23:30

Message withdrawn

ShellingPeas Tue 17-Aug-10 17:26:08

My DD makes her teddy wear her pants. In fact one night the teddy wore ALL her pants.

And then there was the time I found her, fast asleep, with the teddy stuffed down HER pants.

Seems to be a theme to this. smile

stoppinattwo Tue 17-Aug-10 17:29:16

we went to a charity shop and bought somecheap new born outfits...they fit a treat and are a frection of the price...and dd's bear far prefers them smile

Dinkytinky Tue 17-Aug-10 17:29:22

Good lord- you let a teddy run around naked ffs? How very dare you.

YunoYurbubson Tue 17-Aug-10 17:29:30

Those Build-a-bear dresses are too expensive, but you should make or find teddy some sort of dress if it is his birthday.

colditz Tue 17-Aug-10 17:31:33

My four year old is tame, and merely holds up his tatty Jack Russel toy to kindly people's faces, and snaps "My dog hates you!"

colditz Tue 17-Aug-10 17:33:05

You should buy some sort of dress for the teddy, under the guise of "If you and Teddy are VERY good, teddy will get this new dress...."

Charity shops are good for ythis sort of nonsense.

greentriangle Tue 17-Aug-10 17:40:10

My DD's teddy shares clothes with her grin. DD (2.5) is much bigger than the teddy obv, so teddy just has to wear things a bit big.

TheLifeOfRiley Tue 17-Aug-10 17:46:04

grin colditz that's so funny, my ds is the same - amusingly blunt and tactless grin

OP I feel you pain, I had to steer DS away from the teddy bear workshop today too.

DS: "It's getting cold mummy sizzles needs a jumper."
Me (grumpy): "sizzles is a dog! anyway, he is already wearing a tshirt and jeans he'll be fine.

The world has gone mad. hmm

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Tue 17-Aug-10 18:50:51

so, the teddy is naked.

YABVU, dont you know its getting colder grin

dilemma456 Tue 17-Aug-10 18:51:48

Message withdrawn

Fel1x Tue 17-Aug-10 18:56:49

Look at a car boot or ask on freecycle? I bet someone would take pity on poor naked teddy and let you have a tiny dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now