Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could I be reacting to white bread, but not brown?>

(9 Posts)
ThreeBluecubs Thu 24-Jan-08 20:15:57

I'm trying to work out if I am reacting to white bread, but not wholemeal.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I tend to feel bloated/bit lethagic and grumpy after bread/flour, but can't work out if it is the yeast, flour in general, white flour products, or just cheaper white flour products (i.e. not homemade bread).

Does anyone know whether something could be in white flour causing a reaction?

McDreamy Thu 24-Jan-08 20:17:34

My dad and my FIL can't eat white bread and both eat wholemeal so I suppose I am saying my answer is yes!

ThreeBluecubs Thu 24-Jan-08 21:58:38

Thanks McDreamy grin

LyraSilvertongue Thu 24-Jan-08 22:00:46

DP gets an upset stomach with white bread but not brown.

amidaiwish Thu 24-Jan-08 22:06:45

i get constipated if i eat white bread, am fine with brown.

ThreeBluecubs Thu 24-Jan-08 22:09:23

Thanks.

When you say 'upset stomach' - do you mean bloating, or worse?

LyraSilvertongue Thu 24-Jan-08 22:11:29

Not really sure. He doesn't go into details. grin

binkleandflip Thu 24-Jan-08 22:13:32

Perhaps the bleaching agent in white bread doesnt agree with you. Obviously wholemeal aids digestion anyway.

richelle1711 Fri 29-Jan-16 04:37:30

Have any of you heard of anyone "reacting" to white but not brown bread. When I say react I mean my 6 yr old son sometimes goes into these "meltdown" modes, to me it almost looks like a low blood sugar reaction like a diabetic does (I have 4 family members who are type 1 so I know what a diabetic reaction looks like and it reminds me of it very much). But he seems to only have these reactions during the days when he eats white bread. Hubby thinks I'm wacko to think this but even my son says he feels different when not eating white bread????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now