Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Omeprazole or sweet potato reaction?

(4 Posts)
chocsandtwirls Mon 14-Nov-16 19:09:20

My LB is 4.5 months and suffers reflux and silent reflux at night. On ranitidine has been for 2 months and been prescribed omeprazole been on it for 5 days now. He has been a lot more windy. We gave him it about a hour ago and he kept wretching. Fed him a bottle and before he finished it he pushed it away and then I've never seen him be sick like it. Literally the whole bottle came back up and covered me and the floor. Scared me. After he kept wretching and dribbling. I fed him sweet potato purée today too but he's had that once before and didn't have a reaction. Has anyone else's LO had a reaction to omeprazole or sweet potato? Tia

chocsandtwirls Mon 14-Nov-16 22:27:26

?? Anyone

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 20-Nov-16 13:35:52

Have you introduced food in the hope it will help his reflux?

I would back off the food and try the omeprazole on its own.

Why the change in medication? Was the ranitidine not working?

Is he formula fed? Have you tried different formulae?

Also possible (though having been there, it rarely was..) that it is a tummy bug. Infant probiotics (dairy, soy, yeast, sugar and starch free) are worth looking to as they might help.

anotherdayanothersquabble Sun 20-Nov-16 13:37:03

Just realised this is almost a week ago.... hope he is OK now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now