Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

If you have one DC with CMPA, was your second allergic too?

(7 Posts)
popthisoneout Fri 30-Sep-16 20:35:57

DS has CMPA and is allergic to soy and eggs. I've just had DD and wondering what the chances of her having CMPA are. She's a only 9 days old so very early days and just wondered what others experiences are.

MoonDuke Fri 30-Sep-16 20:38:06

Nothing so far (aged 2)

Silvertap Fri 30-Sep-16 20:57:10

Nope. And Ds has grown out of his milk and egg allergy

user1467273391 Tue 04-Oct-16 08:57:44

Our first has a milk and egg allergy and our second does not have any allergies (that we know of).

trixymalixy Thu 06-Oct-16 16:02:01

Ds was allergic to milk, eggs, soya, nuts, lentils and chickpeas. He outgrew lentils and chickpeas.

DD is only allergic to eggs, but is being tested for peanuts next year.

Cantwait4summer Wed 23-Nov-16 20:50:30

Only just seen this thread ! All 3 of my dc had cmpa..the eldest 2 both grew out of it by time they reached 2 . DC3 is 1 and has cmpa & possibly allergic to eggs which is a first for us ..!

superoz Fri 02-Dec-16 16:14:53

Dd1 (9) is allergic to dairy, egg, nuts and fish. Dd2 (2.5) is allergic to dairy, egg and nuts.

Dd2 started to get really bad eczema at a couple of months, and it got worse despite me breastfeeding. As the same happened with dd1 I was pretty sure by 4 months she had allergies.

Dd1's allergies are more severe though, she comes up in hives immediately around her mouth when she has something she's not allowed. Dd2 on the other hand ate a petit filous accidentally given to her at nursery(!) the other week but nothing happened straight away, when they realised they gave her piriton straight away and she had an eczema flare up later that day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now