Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Dairy and soya intolerance

(6 Posts)
MayDay123 Tue 13-Sep-16 23:04:53

Hi - my 13 year old daughter was diagnosed with a dairy and soya intolerance age 6. Her main symptom was diarrhea. With a careful diet avoiding all dairy and soya products we manage it fairly well. Recently though the diarrhea has started up again and I can't figure out what's causing it. Does anyone have any experience of this? I can't get an appointment with the GP this week so thought I'd try mumsnet for advice. Thank you.

fluffikins Wed 14-Sep-16 07:12:49

Stress? School has just started I assume maybe she's having issues there?

MumblePuppy Sat 17-Sep-16 05:17:21

Both Dairy and soya contain FODMAPs, so maybe look into the low FODMAPS diet for IBS.

TeaRexit Sat 17-Sep-16 05:23:52

Has she just started having school lunches?

How often is it happening? I get an awful stomach a week before & the whole week of my period.

Or could it be something new has been added to her cereal ingredients etc?

My DD is CMPA also.

FeelingSmurfy Sat 17-Sep-16 05:47:33

Check everything she is eating, they often change ingredients without saying anything

MayDay123 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:31:05

Thank you all. Had a telephone appointment with the doctor and he's asked us to keep a detailed food diary so we'll see if that shows anything up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now