Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does my son have an intolerance?

(3 Posts)
freedom100 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:03:21

Hello,

So my son is 15 months old, I was breastfeeding him Along side his solids up until a week ago, but decided it was time to call it a day and went completely cold turkey with him, he's not had any breastmilk now for 6 days, instead he's been having aptimil stage 3 in a beaker at bedtime and about twice throughout the day between meals. He has taken to the formula very well! However, since this his poo has changed. It's almost like a grey sort of colour and quite pasty, a couple of times it has had like a snotty mucus in it or tiny black stringy stuff! (It looks like little strings of tobacco, best way I can describe it). And he's pooing constantly, between 5-10 times a day! He also has a nappy rash - really red and sore looks almost like a scold! He's literally never had a nappy rash until now, which seems to flare up worse when he does a poo.
He seems fine in himself, he's happy, eating and drinking normally, playing and doing all the usual things he would do. He doesn't seem poorly.
I thought maybe this was just part of the change over and his body settling into a routine of different milk etc but I've had a read and now I'm starting to wonder if it could be an intolerance or something more serious and now feeling a bit worried and guilty that I've put it down to the milk all week :-/

Tomorrow is Monday so I will be making him a doc appointment when we get up, I just wanted some advice in the meantime!

Thanks xx

dementedpixie Sun 21-Aug-16 16:29:28

Why are you giving toddler milk rather than cows milk? Has he had straight cows milk?

dementedpixie Sun 21-Aug-16 16:30:24

Has he had other dairy products before?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now