Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

When am I CMP free?

(6 Posts)
LurkyLurkerMcLurkface Wed 27-Jul-16 22:40:10

I'm 2 days into dairy free and breast feed my presumed CMPA 6 month old. I have a freezer drawer full of expressed milk, I'm assuming that I'll have to discard (sob) as it was expressed when I was eating dairy.
When can I consider myself cows milk protein free? I'm aware the elimination diet needs to be at least a month which seems long time for it to be hanging around, so my question is when can I start building my stock up again?

livinginabox Thu 28-Jul-16 21:24:43

I would say after 4 weeks or when you see improvements in your LO with breastfeeding. I had the sane us due with frozen breast milk was devastating!

PoloZolo Sun 07-Aug-16 20:19:18

I know what you mean about discarding the frozen breastmilk! Such a waste! I'd agree with the 4 weeks/when you start noticing an improvement. It took about 4 weeks for my DS when I cut out dairy. Good luck

fluffikins Sat 20-Aug-16 06:50:20

You can potentially use the milk in the bath depending on how severe the allergy is.

Diamondsandpears Sat 20-Aug-16 07:03:56

You can donate frozen breast milk!

ThanksForAllTheFish Sun 21-Aug-16 11:16:54

I was coming on to suggest donating the frozen breast milk but I see Diamondsandpears has beat me to it. Most areas are crying out for breast milk donations and it would be a shame for it to go to waste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now