Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hayfever having my absolute life!

(6 Posts)
digimummy Wed 13-Jul-16 12:01:36

I'm venting.

I despise summer. I hate being hot. I
Get photodermatitis so I can't go in the sun. My allergies go mad. I'm currently on Loratidine and fexofenamine. Neither are working.

I'm about to go back to the doctors again to
Tell them it's just not working for me.

Has anyone advice on what to ask the doctor for? I also have beconase nasal spray and chloramphenamine for my eyes.

Help! I feel like going to explode with rage!

BluePitchFork Wed 13-Jul-16 12:05:22

have you tried steroid nasal spray?
that has transformed my life. I got asthma and eczema from hayfever and those really help. I'm almost symptom free.

BluePitchFork Wed 13-Jul-16 12:06:37

sorry too quick, I see you have beclamatasone on your list.
fluticasone (pirineze) might also be worth a try.

RepentAtLeisure Wed 13-Jul-16 13:17:42

Try Boots Vitamin C effervescent tablets. They're in a long orange tube, just dissolve one in water.

I was taking one a day last year and my hayfever was much milder than usual. Eventually I put two and two together, and when I googled 'hayfever vitamin c' I found it's well known to help. It's a natural antihistamine.

digimummy Wed 13-Jul-16 13:32:01

Oh I'll try that. I didn't know. I also take iron because I'm anaemic so vitamin c will help with that absorption too X

RebeccaHN107 Tue 09-Aug-16 16:46:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now