Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Seborrheic dermatitis help

(8 Posts)
Gardenbirds123 Sun 22-May-16 20:13:44

DH has terrible SD on face and scalp is really getting him down. DD2 also showing signs. Feel like we have tried everything (including antibiotics antifungals etc etc) anyone got any successes / tips to share? sad

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 22-May-16 20:19:17

Moogoo scalp cream. Says it's out of stock on the website though; might be worth phoning up to see when it's back in stock.
I cleared mine up with a honey and coconut oil protocol but it involves leaving the honey on for 3 hours every othe evening - not easy to do with a child. I still use the honey as a facewash every day and if I use anything else the spots/bumpy skin start to appear.

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Sun 22-May-16 20:21:09

Just realised it's mainly your DH, pm me if you'd like a link to the full instructions.

francis223 Sun 22-May-16 20:25:50

The ONLY thing that clears mine is Nizoral. I've had it for twenty years. Have you tried it? I buy it over the counter, think you might actually be able to get it off the shelf these days.

francis223 Sun 22-May-16 20:27:15

Sorry I mean I've had SD reoccurring for over 20 years and Nizoral is the only thing that clears it after just a few shampoos.

Gardenbirds123 Sun 22-May-16 22:11:24

Thanks guys! Shotgun I will pm you now. He's been using nizoral for a long time now, seems to keep it at steady state rather than clearing it up and he will still get lots of flares which we can't seem to identify a trigger for. It's so frustrating!

ShotgunNotDoingThePans Mon 23-May-16 08:59:15

Haven't seen a pm op but here is the link to the instructions.
< disclaimer: this is not medical advice but worked for me and evidently many others >

Gardenbirds123 Mon 23-May-16 14:58:06

Thank you so much! Anything is worth a shot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now