Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Vegan with PCOS. Help!

(1 Post)
Hagrid3112 Sun 22-May-16 13:36:36

I suffer with PCOS and recently found out that changes in diet can help to reduce the symptoms.
I can't have gluten, soy or dairy, and must keep my carbs down as much as possible.
Just before finding out about this, I became vegan, which was fine at first, but now adding in all the other things I'm not allowed - especially soy - I'm really struggling to eat enough and this past week have been feeling really light headed a lot.

When I eat breakfast, I'm usually better, but then find that I'm not really hungry for the rest of the day, and just feel a bit sick if I force myself to eat.

I started off ok. Learned how to make a lovely curry, and a cabbage stew and make veg stew, too. I make a big batch, then portion up and freeze, but there are only so many times I can eat them in a week before I get sick of it.
I occasionally have stir-fry, but don't really enjoy it without noodles - I've tried zucchini noodles and sweet potato noodles, but I don't really like them.

When I eat the stuff I make, it seems to be well balanced, because I eat much smaller portions than before and feel great, but when I'm sick of them or have no time to make more, I just eat stuff I shouldn't and feel like crap.

Does anyone have any recipe/meal suggestions??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now