Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Muffin recipes GF

(6 Posts)
ilovetosleep Tue 01-Mar-16 13:28:51

Does anyone have a good muffin or cake recipe to use in the milk ladder? The one I was given by dietician is rubbish, it is egg free and they taste rubbish. dS can tolerate egg but not gluten. Struggling with this rung of the ladder as he won't eat the yucky muffins I have made!

Hassled Tue 01-Mar-16 13:36:11

I don't know what the milk ladder is but I make GF muffins all the time (have a Coeliac DC)- just find a recipe, any recipe, and use the Dove's GF flour. It's absolutely fine - only tweak I find I need to make is to add a bit more liquid sometimes. There's very little you can't bake (other than bread) just by following a standard recipe and using the GF flour - I think people tend to overcomplicate GF baking.

ilovetosleep Tue 01-Mar-16 14:10:49

Thanks, it's just that I want to make sure of the milk ratios for milk ladder purposes. I'll have a look around and see what I can find.

ilovetosleep Tue 01-Mar-16 14:13:16

And a lot of the muffin recipes once found have yoghurt or buttermilk in - I need one with just plain milk

MayfairMummy Tue 01-Mar-16 17:46:22

ilovetosleep, you don't really need to worry about specific amounts of milk unless you're doing a specific challenge. If it's just for continued eating so that you can take a step upwards on the ladder, it doesn't matter so much, as long as there is dairy being eaten a few times a week. you may find biscuits etc that you can buy off the shelf...

Natsku Tue 01-Mar-16 19:43:24

Same as Hassled, I just take any normal recipe and substitute gluten free flour, never had a problem except that they go dry quicker than normal muffins so store in the freezer after a day or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now