Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nearly two year old with allergy to apple

(3 Posts)
GlummyMummy Mon 22-Feb-16 19:00:37

When my daughter was very little and first starting to wean, our HV thought she had a birch pollen allergy as her face used to flush when she had apple or pear. Now she's nearly two and it seems to be getting a lot worse. The trouble is that there's "hidden" apple juice in so much, particularly kids snacks, fruit pouches etc so it's really hard to avoid it!

Her face doesn't appear to be itchy, it's just like two circular red patches on each cheek, not bumpy or particularly dry. We first of all wondered if it was slapped cheek syndrome as she has had a runny nose and cough for over a week.

I would have presumed that a food allergy would have caused a more widespread rash across her face. Has anyone else experienced this with their child?

crackedphone Mon 22-Feb-16 20:12:02

it could be worse as it is tree pollen season, worse getting further medical advice in case other foods could be an issue.

GlummyMummy Mon 22-Feb-16 21:23:43

Thanks - yep, probably best to get it checked. I'd never heard of this prior to the wee one's arrival.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now