Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Egg challenge 'passed'

(5 Posts)
HeyYouGetOffMyCloud Thu 28-Jan-16 19:27:10

Just thought I would post as outgrowing stories can do us all good. (I hope no-one is upset by this. I know not everyone enjoys them)

dd (6) ate 2 whole scrambled eggs under close supervision at hospital over a 3.5 hour period with no reaction.

She's been allergic to eggs since a skin prick at 6mo. So this feels pretty exciting. She is still allergic to milk, nuts, dust mites and pollen. The last 2 are recent additions sadly.

crackedphone Fri 29-Jan-16 11:58:03

congratulations!

misdee Fri 29-Jan-16 12:02:54

Great news! My little girl passed her egg challenge at age 7. She says eggs are disgusting though grin

Failed milk challenge though. Got peanut challenge in March.

HeyYouGetOffMyCloud Fri 29-Jan-16 21:04:56

Misdee that's good news. Dd has her milk challenge followed by peanut.

Need to fit it all in before hayfever season starts and she's back on daily antihistamines.

I doubt dd will ever eat an egg. She was retching trying to force it down but mayo etc may be tolerated I guess. My elder dd (9) outgrew her allergy at 5 and hasn't touched an egg since.
Still its lovely to have one less restriction/worry.

misdee Fri 29-Jan-16 23:07:46

Makes baking easier smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now