Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Medic alert bracelet for 9mo DD?

(2 Posts)
LAB123 Mon 11-May-15 21:07:10

My baby girl (9mo) has a serious allergy to some medication and as she's starting nursery soon I feel I should get her a bracelet to advise medical professionals about it. Obviously I'm telling the nursery staff too but just want to be extra careful. Has anyone got any experience of a bracelet on such a young baby? Will she ever stop fiddling with it? Not sure whether Velcro or a proper clasp is better. Putting it on her ankle might be easier but would the medical professionals think to look there before giving treatment? Any advice welcome. Thanks x

foolonthehill Mon 11-May-15 22:50:22

most of the babies and young children I have treated have had a necklace rather than bracelet. very young babies and children find it hard to keep something on their wrist but a necklace can be tucked into a vest or top when crawling and climbing.

However "sports band" velcro bracelets might be suitable...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now