Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Possible intolerance or something else?

(3 Posts)
onesparesecond Mon 27-Apr-15 11:54:23

Dd is 20 weeks and has been on an anti reflux formula for around two months. This has solved the vomiting (most of the time) and has helped her regain weight and follow her centile. She is currently on 7oz bottles but doesn't always finish them - this morning she has taken about half but is in good spirits. She is not weaned.
However, she is producing around 6 dirty nappies a day and is very windy. She is sometimes inconsolable just before doing a poo or wind. She also has eczema on her back (since about 2 weeks ago) and a pin prick rash on her chest which comes and goes.
On the weekend she had a small amount of stringy blood in about four of her nappies. I took her to the GP this morning who didn't seem overly concerned but said she would write to the hospital just in case (although I'm not sure when I would expect to hear from them).
Thank you if you stuck with me this long! Does this sound like an intolerance or is she just a windy baby who happens to have eczema and was a bit off colour on the weekend?

InterOuta Fri 01-May-15 22:10:44

Sounds like an allergy to me, especially the pin prick spots you talk
About . They sound like hives.

I would take pics of them and ask GP for an urgent referral to an allergist

onesparesecond Sat 02-May-15 02:34:40

Thanks. My health visitor saw her dirty nappy the other day and said to go back to the GP if it is still the same next week and insist on a more urgent referral because apparently a normal referral could take 16 weeks. She agreed that an intolerance is the only logical explanation if all symptoms are linked,and she is in good spirits which suggests it is not a bug.
DH says I'm worrying too much but I can't help it - I have to feed her, but I'm making her ill by doing so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now