Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Parent and Family Support Meetings for Anaphylaxis Sufferers

(6 Posts)
babybarrister Thu 14-Nov-13 15:39:49

the Anaphylaxis Campaign have a new series of workshops which can be booked online - they are all over the UK in 2013 and 2014 and really are very useful indeed
www.anaphylaxis.org.uk/events?cat=1

Naturally2806 Thu 14-Nov-13 20:34:38

Will check it out. My son just failed his nut challenge today at Guys hospital. Gutted. After having a negative blood test we were really hopeful.

shelsco Thu 14-Nov-13 22:33:11

It is worth getting in contact with the AC and asking about them too. I was struggling to get to my nearest one as it is about 200 miles away so I emailed them the person who is listed as their contact for their workshops and she told my about one being run in a city only an hour away. It was eventually cancelled due to lack of interest, but I get the impression that a lot of people don't know about them. Apparently they send info to hospitals, but the hospitals don't always pass it on to patients. the workshops are meant to be really useful from what I've heard.

babybarrister Fri 15-Nov-13 11:35:29

their workshops are really, really good

rosehb Fri 15-Nov-13 13:13:15

I'm going to the parent workshop on Sunday. Any tips from those that have been before? I shall report back after...

babybarrister Fri 15-Nov-13 20:06:52

Take pen and paper to bet ot.her people's emails so you can start an informal network

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now