Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Temporary alternative to bedtime milk

(4 Posts)
RainDancer Tue 12-Nov-13 09:00:17

My GP reckons that my 11 month old DD has developed a temporary dairy intolerance after a bout of gastroenteritis. She has recommended staying off dairy for a few days to allow her gut to recover and then reintroduce. But this obviously means I cannot give her her two milk feeds morning and evening. What can I give her on a temporary basis for a few days? I know there are various alternative 'milks' on the market, but are any suitable for a baby her age?

RainDancer Tue 12-Nov-13 16:58:11

Bump

tutu100 Tue 12-Nov-13 17:02:13

We were told by ds2's consultant that he could have normal boxed soya milk at 11 months. I know some people don't like soya because of the concerns over the phyto oestrogens in it, but I'd have thought it would be fine for 2 days. Ds2 had the sweetened one as the unsweetened is vile, but make sure you clean her teeth well as the sweetened version is quite high in sugar.

RainDancer Tue 12-Nov-13 17:09:04

Thanks Tutu. I've bought some organic soy milk so I'll try her with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now