Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dairy/but/egg Christmas treats

(8 Posts)
harverina Tue 12-Nov-13 01:30:17

Sainsburys have chocolate santas, chocolate coins and a choices chocolate advent calendar in stock just now.

Worth having a look before they sell out! We went at the weekend and stocked up for dd's stocking gringringrin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 16-Nov-13 15:20:21

Aldis Panaforte (choc and normal), stollen cake & Black Forest stollen cake and I think the dark choc reindeers are all milk free as the deep mince pies.

Yet to find a dairy free fruit cake though.

Auntierosemary Thu 21-Nov-13 14:26:52

You can get a really nice dairy free apple and fruit cake in sainsburys - mrs something, maybe mrs crimble? They are not that big but last year I bought three of them and then covered them in fondant icing and you couldn't see the joins!

Pancakeflipper Thu 21-Nov-13 14:30:00

Our Sainsburys didn't have the coins... bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

dairyfreebabyandme Fri 22-Nov-13 10:04:44

Also check out Holland & Barrett! Found Lazy Days fruitcake slices is dairy free & Free From for Kids - online at www.freefromforkids.co.uk/ has some nice treats. If you are in the area for Ocado, they have quite a lot of Free From products.

Norudeshitrequired Fri 22-Nov-13 10:06:29

I bought the sainsburys Christmas free from chocolate net with lolly, coins, buttons, bar of chocolate a few weeks ago. Have to grab them as they sell out very quick.

harverina Mon 25-Nov-13 23:32:58

Nori I saw that little bag too - it's like a little selection pack and a great stocking filler!

The choc coins are in our store all year so maybe they will come back in.

harverina Mon 25-Nov-13 23:38:43

Dairyfree hadn't heard of that website before! Looks good grin

Cakes are a no go for us here in shops as dd is also allergic to eggs hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now