Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergy to Hipp Organic Follow On Milk?

(12 Posts)
RainDancer Sun 10-Nov-13 08:41:23

My 11 month old DD was breast fed until 8.5months with the odd bottle of Hipp Organic first milk from 6 months. All fine. This weekend I've tried her on the Follow On Milk. Fine with the first couple of bottles but has brought every feed up since then. Anyone else experienced this? Is it possible she could have an intolerance to the new milk? She is absolutely fine in herself, doesn't seem ill in any other way. Her cheeks are red and dry as they often are if she has eaten something she is sensitive to. Any thoughts great appreciated.

FutTheShuckUp Sun 10-Nov-13 08:43:06

I wouldn't have thought so if she was ok with the first milk- could t be something fairly new she's eaten?

could you try her with the first milk again as there is no need for the follow on milk if they are ok with the first milk. She could be coming down with something too and may not be related to the milk at all

RainDancer Sun 10-Nov-13 08:53:32

Gave her the first milk again this morning but she brought all of that up too. Just wondered whether the follow on milk could have brought on a sensitivity she hadn't previously had.

how many bottles/how much milk in each bottle have you given this weekend? Was it a lot more than what you have offered in the past?

RainDancer Sun 10-Nov-13 12:55:33

She's been offered the same amount. I only got the follow on because I couldn't get hold of any of the first milk - it is often out of stock in local shops.

RainDancer Mon 11-Nov-13 12:56:16

Took her to the docs this morning who thinks she has had gastroenteritis that has brought on a temporary dairy intolerance, so no milk at all for a few days!

even with gastro they normally say to continue with milk feeds or try a lactose free milk as gastro can lead to a temporary lactose intolerance. You can get lactose free formula or use colief in the existing milk as that breaks down the lactose in the milk.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Rotavirus-gastroenteritis/Pages/Treatment.aspx - says continue milk feeds and give oral rehydration treatments if required (dioralyte type thng)

RainDancer Tue 12-Nov-13 08:55:37

It's only the milk that is making her sick now though. She happily keeps down solids. The doc reckons that keeping her off dairy for a few days should allow her gut to recover and then slowly reintroduce milk.

SoupDragon Tue 12-Nov-13 08:59:52

It is possible to be intolerant to a slightly different version of a milk - DS1 did this with a C&G one. He was fine on the ordinary follow-on milk but threw up spectacularly after having the next stage version.

If it's illness, hope your DD makes a swift recovery smile

FaithTheVampireSlayer Tue 26-Nov-13 13:39:03

DD was violently sick on Aptimil follow on milk but fine on first milk. We switched back and the puking settle down within a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now