Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should a jext simulator pen sting and leave a mark?

(4 Posts)
Monkeyandanimal Thu 07-Nov-13 18:07:35

I have just been given a jext simulator pen as my son appears to be allergic to peanuts; when i tried to practice with it on my leg it definitely stung and there was a ring of red dots on my skin; is this normal? Surely the practice pen shouldn't leave a mark?

neolara Thu 07-Nov-13 18:17:40

Yes, it does. We have one and we ping ourselves regularly with it. It's just the spring pushing something out with force. It's not strong enough to pierce skin though.

eragon Thu 07-Nov-13 19:27:09

sounds normal.

lets not forget that the real ones give a bit of bruising anyway, not that we will be bothered about that at the time!

Monkeyandanimal Thu 07-Nov-13 20:39:08

Thank you for those replies; this is all new to me! Feels like a big responsibility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now