Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

midge bites?

(6 Posts)
lljkk Sun 21-Jul-13 19:33:36

I am allergic to midge bites, not dangerously, just rather annoying. I suppose you might mention it at your next regular appointment.

nearlyreadytopop Sun 21-Jul-13 19:22:22

laughing at 'minge bites' bambigrin

DiaryOfAWimpyMum Sun 21-Jul-13 19:16:31

I read about midge bite last night apparently something on roll on deodorant extracts the itchiness from them, I'm unsure if I would contact the clinic unless he showed more signs that the normal itching iykwim

Bambi27 Sun 21-Jul-13 19:14:04

I read this title as 'minge bites' that would be a very interesting thread!!!

nearlyreadytopop Sun 21-Jul-13 19:11:02

should add that the hive area went from under his chin to top of shoulder. he was also blotchy red on his back and tummy.
he is allergic to egg, horse, dog and cat.

nearlyreadytopop Sun 21-Jul-13 19:09:09

ds (2) and I where out for a walk at dusk last night. I noticed he was scratching his neck and when I looked closer he was out in little hives. He had them on his arm as well. I gave him a dose of piriton and that helped but he was very itchy.
could he be allergic to midge bites? is this something I should contact the allergy clinic about?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now