Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

open farm visit

(6 Posts)
babybarrister Sat 13-Jul-13 21:58:06

We have same problem re animals - all I would say is that he might have a fun time there without touching anything ? I have done this with DS - they might also have a couple if tortoises etc ...

nearlyreadytopop Sat 13-Jul-13 13:14:34

thanks, I just wanted to check I wasn't being too cautious. sad that ds will miss the fun but he's too young to really understand.

superbagpuss Sat 13-Jul-13 11:22:34

I am very allergic to horses and asthmatic and I wouldn't go - I'm a fully grown adult

I would apologise and explain why you can't go and maybe do another trip out - like a picnic in the park?

eragon Sat 13-Jul-13 10:58:15

I think recovering after a chest infection would raise his risk of a reaction.
I understand how you feel, our son was very allergic to dog at one point and it had a huge impact on life quality.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 12-Jul-13 22:54:26

should add that his animal allergy effects his breathing to such an extent we had to re home our dog's.

nearlyreadytopop Fri 12-Jul-13 22:53:25

ds (2) has been invited to a birthday party at an open farm. he has had a very bad reaction to horse in the past. he has also been tested as allergic to cats and dogs as well. I'm so torn about this party, I don't want him to miss out but hes just finished antibiotics for a chest infection and is just off his reliever inhaler.
am I over reacting by saying I don't think he can go?sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now