Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Should I try pine nuts?

(4 Posts)
garliclover Thu 25-Jul-13 22:27:13

My 3yo DS is also allergic to sesame and milk (and a bunch of other stuff including almonds) but I tried him with pine nuts about six months ago and all fine. He's not mad about them but I'll offer them to him once every three weeks and he'll have about 5. No reaction so far (fingers crossed). I tried him with them because they're a very useful ingredient in freefrom cooking and am desperate for new recipes with such a limited diet and an increasingly fussy discerning toddler!

harverina Sat 06-Jul-13 14:23:58

We have been told to avoid all nuts due to the high risk of cross contamination....I didn't know they were a seed? Why don't you give the anaphylaxis campaign a call and see what they think?

MagicBaguette Sat 06-Jul-13 13:49:37

I personally wouldn't risk it

Sheilsie Sat 06-Jul-13 13:47:25

My 4 year old DD is allergic to dairy and sesame (both vomiting/hives reaction but not anaphalaytic (yet) thankfully and has skin prick tested allergic to eggs, peanuts, almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts.

My question is do you think it would it be a good or bad idea to try her on pine nuts. I believe that they're a seed not a nut but given she can't take sesame and there is probably a link with nut allergies I would be more than a bit nervous.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now