Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any good recipes for disguising Aptamil Pepti?

(14 Posts)
MadMonkeys Thu 06-Jun-13 19:14:12

Fine, not five...

MadMonkeys Thu 06-Jun-13 19:13:14

Hi again, just in case anyone is still reading this thread I spoke to the dietician, and we had our wires crossed... She has written to the gp suggesting 4 tubs a month in case we need lots of formula if I stop breastfeeding, which I don't intend to. So I can have tubs when I need them for cooking and if I need more the gp should be happy to prescribe it without the dietician writing another letter. and oatly or soya milk is five in cooking as long as its the calcium enriched version.

melonribena Sun 02-Jun-13 20:33:58

Let us know how you get on with the dietician Mad

hwhite6 Sun 02-Jun-13 09:53:35
hwhite6 Sun 02-Jun-13 09:48:06

A variation on a theme, it's Neocate's (mainly American) recipe booklet. You can happily swap nutramigen 1:1 in these recipes, so guessing amptimal pepti would do the same.
http://global.neocate.com/images/uploads/Files/439/Neocate_family_recipes.pdf

MadMonkeys Sun 02-Jun-13 09:43:13

Hmmm, I think I'll call the dietician tomorrow and ask her again... Thanks for your replies, that's really helpful.

dairyfreebabyandme Sun 02-Jun-13 00:16:03

Really not sure why your dietitian has suggested that. I breastfeed my LO on demand and have never been told to do that by mine. In fact she refused all different types of available formula once she hit 7 months, so that was that! We switched to Alpro Plus 1 once she hit a year, as a top-up, but she's not always all that keen to have it. We use coconut milk in cooking. She does not appear to have suffered in any way, in fact far from it!

melonribena Sat 01-Jun-13 20:33:25

Gosh! That is a lot of formula!

Dd is clearly breastfeeding frequently so surely that would provide the majority of her nutrition anyway?

We're waiting to see the dietician for my milk allergic 10 mth old ds. I was hoping to get by with breastmilk, oat milk, soya yogurts, solid food and water! (With maybe vitamin drops!) and not need to use formula. I'm no expert though and maybe additional formula is required!

MadMonkeys Sat 01-Jun-13 12:51:05

I wondered that too Melon. She is 8mo and has 5 or so good breastfeeds in 24hrs, plus a number of little ones in the night. I've made a number of things with oatly which have all been good - the rest of the family like them too, but the dietician seems keen for her to have formula in cooking as she's missing out on dairy foods. She's recommended the gp prescribes 4 tubs s month, which is a huge amount to get through in cooking!

melonribena Fri 31-May-13 21:41:29

Do you need to use it? How old is dd? Could oat milk do instead if its just in cooking? I'm no expert by the way!

MadMonkeys Fri 31-May-13 20:04:33

Yeah, poor kid, no cheese... At least she doesn't know what she's missing!

Greenandcabbagelooking Fri 31-May-13 17:37:20

Sorry, brain blip, cheese is no use if she's CMPI! Unless you can get non-soya, non dairy "cheese".

Greenandcabbagelooking Fri 31-May-13 17:35:56

Maybe a cheese sauce? With really strong cheese?

MadMonkeys Fri 31-May-13 13:48:09

DD2 is cmpi, probably soya intolerant and allergic to fish. She is breast fed and the dietician has given me Aptamil Pepti to use in cooking, but it really is vile and DD2 isn't keen... Any good recipes I can use it in without it tasting so bad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now