Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bread and dairy and soya? Help!

(9 Posts)
HelloBear Sun 05-May-13 22:41:59

Stupid question but does most bread have soya and or milk in it?

I see there is a thread about soya free bread dies this also apply to dairy?

We normally have bread from the bakers bit in supermarket so no ingredients list.

Thanks

Jojay Sun 05-May-13 22:46:30

I have no trouble finding dairy free bread - most of the usual supermarket stuff seems to be - but a lot do contain soya.

The ingredients lists for in store bakery bread is usually on their online shopping website.

trixymalixy Mon 06-May-13 00:34:14

Most bread has soya in it. It's not do common for bread to have milk in, although proper French bread has milk in.

simpson England Mon 06-May-13 00:35:50

DD is dairy and soya free and I have found most supermarket brands of pitta bread ok for her.

BlueSkySunnyDay Mon 06-May-13 00:40:22

I have dairy intolerance - not SO bad with wholemeal bread but I have realised this week my stomach puffs up like a balloon if I eat white.

Im using the bread maker to make my own now as I found some recipes that dont have milk powder in.

HelloBear Mon 06-May-13 08:40:27

Thanks a lot, of to supermarket to read labels!

Several of the sliced loaves in Waitrose are dairy and soya free - there is a half and half loaf and a whole meal. Their French baguettes are also dairy and soya free.

Also, most supermarket part baked baguettes and rolls are dairy and soya free.

M&S do mini white submarine rolls that are ok - they are the only rolls I've found to be soya and dairy free.

Some of the Tesco Finest sliced loaves are dairy and soya free. I've never found dairy and soya free bread in sainsburys

Might be worth making your own? Can always freeze so your not having to constantly make it. smile dairy free is easy but soya is alot more common than ya think.

HelloBear Mon 06-May-13 22:37:19

therin - thanks for pointers. I think I found the wholemeal organic at sainsburys is s&d free, but maybe I'm reading labels wrong!

where - as much as I would love to bake my own it's just not going to happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now