Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sweets & nut allergy

(4 Posts)
Tailtwister Fri 03-May-13 07:43:39

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go for Haribo (although I know some people hate the stuff!), but agree that small packets would be best. That way they know when it's been opened etc too.

That's interesting about the chocolate becoming safer and I hadn't heard of Kinnerton chocolate before.

ukey Thu 02-May-13 21:10:20

yes Haribo will be fine!

chocolate is getting better, a lot more cadburys stuff is becoming safe, though wouldn't be filling a jam jar with chocolate anyway!

Most ppl with a nut allergy will not risk anything that doesn't have a label though. What about mini packs of haribo?

CouthySaysEatChoccyEggs Thu 02-May-13 18:55:37

Haribo, Jelly tots, Spider-Man candy sticks, Rowntree's randoms, Fruit pastilles, wine gums...avoid chocolate as that has a large risk of cross-contamination with nuts. Unless it's Kinnerton chocolate.

HTH

Tailtwister Thu 02-May-13 18:46:36

We have been asked to fill and decorate a jam jar for school, but the sweets must contain no traces of nuts. I've been having a look to see what I can use, but thought it best to check here.

Can anyone advise which sweets would be nut free. Obviously lots of sweets don't contain nuts as an ingredient, but there might be traces from the factory. If it doesn't state a warning, does that mean they are ok? I was looking at Haribo Fangtastic sweets and can't see anything about nute on the package.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now