Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Using Surcare for eczema suffering DD, but washing doesn't smell nice anymore.

(8 Posts)
OrangeFootedScrubfowl Tue 02-Apr-13 11:19:57

Can I add anything to it that is unlikely to set her skin off? Like an essential oil in the fabric conditioner or something?

rootypig Tue 02-Apr-13 11:23:20

I use Simply Pure or Simply Sensitive, they are approved by the national eczema society, it doesn't have a perfume but IMO makes the washing smell nice and clean, especially if line dried. I'm not a fan of surcare, it leaves a funny non smell, iykwim!

www.simplywashing.com/

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Tue 02-Apr-13 12:47:08

Thanks rooty, yes, exactly, I am fed up of the non-smell too! But it has been really good for her skin I must say. Will check out the Simply stuff though. smile

Pollaidh Tue 02-Apr-13 20:09:06

I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can add a few drops of lavender or similar.

OHforDUCKScake Thu 04-Apr-13 13:42:15

I use lavander oil in the conditioner drawer.

JollyPurpleGiant Thu 04-Apr-13 13:44:07

What temperature are you washing at? I find I need to do non delicates at 60 sometimes.

PiHigh Thu 04-Apr-13 13:44:07

Thanks rootypig I will check that out too. The only washing powder I've found that doesn't make DD1 itch is Surcare so would be good to find an alternative.

rootypig Thu 04-Apr-13 16:48:18

No probs, I really like it. it's 3 quid for 15 washes (they are powder tablets that you toss in). I get it at Sainsburys - haven't seen it elsewhere. yy to washing at 60 every now and then too - kills dustmites apparently, which are implicated in eczema. I do DD's little cotton vests and trousers and sleepsuits at 60 every few times I wash them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now