Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

CMPI, soy issues & soya lecithins

(8 Posts)
NothingsLeft Mon 01-Apr-13 18:07:56

DS has CMPI & soy issues. I'm BFing so avoiding both.

I have read mixed info and results on wether to avoid soya lecithins or not. I know they are a fat rather than a protein but felt they unsettled DS. It's been a while since I tried them and wondered what others did...

babybarrister Mon 01-Apr-13 18:24:01

DS was allergic to soya but we never avoided lecithin. Consultant said that there were no reported cases of allergic reaction to lecithinsmile

Bonkerz Mon 01-Apr-13 18:26:59

My des has cmpi which causes blockages and he is intolerant to soya which gives him diarrhoea but dietician told me to keep giving soya to help build up intolerance. Was also told soya lethicin was ok.

trixymalixy Mon 01-Apr-13 18:47:27

DS was always fine with soya lecithins.

Happygirl77 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:57:53

My ds is similar, can't tolerate dairy or soya. He also reacts if I (still bf) eat dark chocolate with soya lecithin (I was surprised as a friend told me he wouldn't react to it). When I asked the dietitian about it, she confirmed that it was entirely possible. So we are soya lecithin free too!

You know your ds best - trust your instincts!

NothingsLeft Mon 01-Apr-13 22:31:15

Thanks all. I'm pretty sure he reacts to them. I've eaten some chocolate with them in the evening so we shall see. Fingers crossed all with be fine.

NothingsLeft Sat 13-Apr-13 12:06:32

Just to update I have eaten these a few times now and he seems to be fine which is progress! Hopefully he is starting to out grow it, fingers crossed smile

pamplem0usse Sun 14-Apr-13 07:52:13

Consultant at great ormand st told me soya lecthins are fine (my child has multiple allergies incl soya).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now