Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Gluten free products catalogue help please?

(4 Posts)
BumpingFuglies Fri 29-Mar-13 18:46:50

Hi, hope someone can help. I'm a carer and one of my clients requires a gluten free diet. She does not have internet access and is housebound. Does anyone know of suppliers that do paper catalogues that she could do a phone order from?

Thanks in advance

momma39 Fri 29-Mar-13 18:58:12

all supermarkets should have a list of gluten free foods and drinks, ask them when you next pop in. I am sure she would be able to find someone to do some shopping for her, maybe she has decent neighbours or you could.
I am a coeliac as well and i found it really difficult even maltesers are a no no.
but have survived 15 years on gluten free and wheat free,
good luck

BumpingFuglies Fri 29-Mar-13 19:57:16

Thanks momma - I already pick up what I can for her. What I'm trying to do is create some independence for the lady, so she can order/have delivered what she needs. I'll ask for a list from the local supermarkets, thank you.

CoeliacParent Sun 07-Apr-13 07:27:04

www.Coeliac.co.uk produces a guide book which lists what foods are suitable and from what suppliers.... £10 and well worth it.... Updated yearly. www.coeliac.org.uk/shop/publications/food-and-drink-directory-2013

The Coeliac UK Food and Drink Directory is your essential guide to suitable foods. It contains thousands of products that are suitable for those following a gluten-free diet. All Members of Coeliac UK will automatically receive a new Food and Drink Directory as part of their Membership upon joining.However, if you wish to purchase an additional copy or you are not a Member, you can order your 2013 copy now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now