Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Stupidly left epipen in car overnight!!

(5 Posts)

Epipens can and do fail, replace it before you need it and it doesn't work.

harverina Tue 26-Mar-13 22:53:23

I did the same last week with 2 epipens - left dd's bag in the boot angry

I was too worried to take the chance and replaced them. Have now put in a new prescription for another two. My gp will love me wink

trixymalixy Mon 25-Mar-13 19:18:54

I did exactly the same last year. I'd only just brought them back from the chemist the day before blush. The allergy consultant said to replace them. Better to be safe than sorry.

vertex Mon 25-Mar-13 17:31:21

I would get a replacement and then discard the one you have.

The ideal storage temp' is 25 Celsius and for brief periods it can be left in envrionments where the temp' is as low as 15 Celsius.

I am assuming that you are in the UK and given the current bad weather and the fact that the interior of the car would not be heated then would easily have dropped below 15 C last night

craziedaisy Mon 25-Mar-13 11:08:58

Is it still ok. Must have got very cold last night. Looked at it as it still looks clear - wwyd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now