Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ski school for child with epipen?

(5 Posts)
tinytalker Thu 14-Mar-13 21:41:34

You could get an allergy translation card explaining why your child has a packed lunch. Advise your child to buy a drink and show the card to avoid any embarrassment.

Schulte Thu 14-Mar-13 14:01:51

Thank you both! If they take them to a hut for lunch, won't the hut owners object to someone unwrapping a packed lunch?

DD2 has a jext pen - not sure what temperatures they can withstand... she has an insulated medical kit bag but maybe that's not good enough?

She's been to ski kindergarten twice (we like to start them early grin) and both times I handed over epipen and instructions, but to be honest I don't think anyone ever looked at those instructions hmm.

trixymalixy Wed 13-Mar-13 22:34:37

I would pack lunch too. DS has only done morning ski school so only needed a snack so far.

He carried his epipen, piriton spacer and inhaler in a little life backpack. It is quite padded, but as it was -20 I had wrapped it in a couple of socks too. Remember that epipens can't get too cold.

babybarrister Wed 13-Mar-13 20:48:43

just done it - found it much simpler just to pack lunch and say only water! I also sent them link to epipen training and put fear of god into them...grin
word of warning - peanut oil used all the time to fry chips in ski resorts in Austria and France!

DS carried own epipen in bumbag [6]

have fun smile

Schulte Wed 13-Mar-13 20:46:18

Just wondering how people do this. DD2 will be old enough for all-day ski school next time we go skiing. They also offer a supervised lunch so you don't have to come back down from the mountain to spend lunchtime with your child. Should I pack a lunch for her every day, or tell the instructor that she's only ever allowed plain chips? There are of course lots of other things she could eat, but I am thinking I should probably keep it really simple...? Would love to hear how people do this. We're going to Austria and organising it ourselves. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now