Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Allergy testing in London

(13 Posts)
granine Tue 12-Mar-13 20:37:55

I'm convinced my 14 month old has an egg and potentially a cows milk allergy. I've asked to be referred to be allergy tested but my GP forgot (!) and since chasing I still haven't heard anything. I can't wait any longer so have decided to go private - can anyone please recommend anywhere? We live in South London so anywhere central or South is fine. Any recommendations gratefully received. Thanks a million.

babybarrister Tue 12-Mar-13 22:15:27

George du toit at Portland - do print off NICE guidelines on paediatric allergy tho and try again with your GP. also have a look at the Anaphylaxis Campaign knowledgebase so that you are aware of the testing options.

Babymay1 Wed 13-Mar-13 02:56:50

Dr G Khakoo ( at Clementine Churchill Hospital, Harrow ) and Dr Helen Cox ( Cromwell Hospital ) both recommend

eragon Wed 13-Mar-13 13:54:36

prof warner, st marys. pad

Wingdingdong Wed 13-Mar-13 14:04:23

We're in the same situation and location as you. DD was referred by the GP for allergy testing at the beginning of Nov. We've just had the appt come through for June... so you're probably best off going private anyway. We are, and have an appt coming up with with Dr Adam Fox at Evelina (St Thomas') - recommended by several friends locally but obv no personal experience yet.

Unfortunately 12m DS had an instant contact reaction to tomatoes last night so looks like we're about to start the same journey with him too - but definitely not going to hang around for a NHS appt! We also suspect egg/milk intolerance (DX CMPI at 4m) but the reflux/persistent bronchitis & wheezing makes it difficult to tell.

babybarrister Wed 13-Mar-13 18:31:42

George du Toit in same team as Adam Fox

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 13-Mar-13 18:33:25

Another vote for Du Toit. He is truly amazing - we also self referred to him privately after our GP was rubbish and I feel totally confident in his care.

BlameItOnTheBogey Wed 13-Mar-13 18:33:57

(Du Toit also sees patients at St Thomas' not just at Portland)

tuttavia Wed 13-Mar-13 18:34:19

We were with Dr Adam Fox - can highly recommend him

granine Wed 13-Mar-13 19:59:18

Thanks so much for the recommendations everyone. Much appreciated (expensive though isn't it??).

eragon Wed 13-Mar-13 20:35:48

yes to all docs mentioned. have met /listened to them at conferences. got very good impression of them.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Wed 13-Mar-13 20:43:46

I can also recommend Adam Fox at St Thomas'. As you live in south London get your GP to refer you there. Start chasing them, if they won't then I'd ask why.

purplesunflower Thu 14-Mar-13 13:38:27

We've seen George du Toit and Adam Fox - both fantastic. Saw George du Toit privately and then got a referral back on nhs to St Thomas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now