Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please contact your MP now!

(11 Posts)
AutumnLady Fri 22-Feb-13 20:36:04

Just wanted to add to this that the Bill is being debated on Monday afternoon, so bear that in mind when informing your MP of your support <gathering info for speech this weekend>

OHforDUCKScake Fri 22-Feb-13 20:26:12

My uncle is a labour MP, hes not my local MP but do you think I could as him too?

OHforDUCKScake Fri 22-Feb-13 20:25:30

Great, glad I could help. We dont have the same MP. smile

mumat39 Fri 22-Feb-13 20:17:21

OHForDucksSake, I read that and thought that sums up my experience with 'establishments' in terms of my daughters allergies. S I didn't think it was OTT at all.

I'll probably copy a lot of what you have written to send to our local MP, Dom Raab, unless you're in the same area.

Thanks again for your help. Your points sum up exactly the same issues.

thanks

OHforDUCKScake Fri 22-Feb-13 08:42:59

I asked if he would mind reading the bill. I explained that I have a 21 month old that is already being excluded because of allergies, and soon he'll begin to notice and it breaks my heart to think it might happen when we're not there. I hear of children being exluded from activities at schooland school trips, all the time. That teachers need more guidance, and training WRT to allergies. That anyone can be taught to give an Epipen to save a life but it takes far more to help an allergic childs day to day life feel normal. I feel this is just as important as saving their life with adrenalin.

Ok it was perhaps a bit OTT, Im not sure but its truly how I feel. Then I sent him a link to the PDF I hope it works. If not, I was clear that it was anaphylacis campaign and the name of the bill.

mumat39 Thu 21-Feb-13 22:12:50

Hi. Can I ask what you wrote when you wrote to your MP? I was going to do it last night but couldn't think of how to start the letter/email.

Thanks so much.
smile

OHforDUCKScake Thu 21-Feb-13 21:45:39

I just emailed my local MP because of this thread. Thank you.

babybarrister Thu 21-Feb-13 20:12:42

Thanks - yes you will need to amend the wording and also please write to your MP

mumat39 Thu 21-Feb-13 16:10:09

Hi there.

I tried to submit the message in the link above onto the forum but just to a reply to say it wasn't allowed as it was too closely worded to a few other entries. So if anyone does try and post onto the forum then you'll need to edit it so that it's not so obvious, maybe with some sort of intro as to why you believe that the bill sould be amended.

I'll try and re submit mine when I get a moment.

babybarrister Wed 20-Feb-13 19:56:52
babybarrister Wed 20-Feb-13 19:05:47

There is a new piece of legislation going through Parliament at the moment - the Children and Families Bill. A coalition of medical charities including the Anaphylaxis Campaign is asking for the legislation to be strengthened such that it imposes a statutory obligation on all schools to have training in place in relation to the use of medicines etc and it is checked by Ofsted who currently state it is not their resonsibility. If you go on to the anaphylaxis campaign website they have all the details and links. If anyone knows how to repost this in health and special needs please can you do so! thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now