Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

anyone with sucess stories of changing goats milk in a 2yr old with ezcema?

(8 Posts)
justtired Fri 22-Feb-13 15:17:20

Thanks all, DS has been on cows milk for about 2 weeks now and it has calmed down alot already so I'm hoping we can get it under control now

shockers Fri 22-Feb-13 14:42:35

We changed DS2 to goat's milk at around the age of 1, on the advice of my SIL, who is a Homeopath . His eczema and asthma lessened progressively over the following 6 months. He is now 12, free of both conditions and still has goat's milk on his cereal every day.

He may well have just grown out of them, but I believe the goat's milk helped.

Thewildthingsliveatmyhouse Fri 22-Feb-13 14:34:24

Hello

My dd who is now almost 10 suffered with eczema from a baby. We switched to goat's milk age 2, and goat's cheese. Also gave her organic yoghurts. Definitely helped a lot. Also around the same time we rehomed our cats as we realised they were making the problem a lot worse. By the time she was 6 the eczema was near enough gone. I would also say that semi skimmed cows milk was an improvement on the whole milk too (but not sure what age you're supposed to give this?).

Hope that helps and good luck.

3peasinapod Thu 14-Feb-13 19:31:08

What worked for me:

Acupuncture
Carrot and apple juice (juice it yourself)
Kept dairy very limited. I even cut it out.
Increased fruit and veg.
No sweets just plain choc as a treat now and again.
Soya milk.
Stopped everything doc gave. Only made it worse.
Changed my washing powder to tesco non bio liquid. And only washed her cloths in it. Dried on line or else dryer.
Bath time was porridge oats, (in a tight) and middle of the night if itching was very bad.
La Roche posey cream, non perfume.

She was very bad, and was up all night till she was 18 month scratching and crying. Needless to say I more than likely tried alot more but cant remember due to lack of sleep.
Hope you dc impoves soon its awful to see them with it.

you could try it as goats milk is fine from 1year the same as cows milk

Mama1980 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:08:14

I don't have any experience with drinking it but ds1 had awful eczema and even steroids didnt help. I started to use a goats milk cream, shower gel and shampoo and it was amazing, cleared up the eczema in days.

justtired Thu 14-Feb-13 19:05:24

Sorry typed on my phone.....should of said he isn't a big eater

justtired Thu 14-Feb-13 19:04:07

Hiya,
My 2yr old has quite bad eczema, especially on his face and legs. The doctor has given him stuff for the bath, moisturiser, and steroid cream none of which has really helped.
He isn't a big water but loves his milk and drinks quite a lot per day. I'm wondering whether to give goats milk a try and see if that helps, the doctor hasn't ok'd it because he said it wasn't bad enough (he isn't a great doctor) but don't know if I should try it without checking first.

Any experiences?

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now