Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sheese

(10 Posts)
AuntPepita Fri 08-Feb-13 20:58:17

How about Redwoods cheezly? The super-melting is quite nice on toast or in a toastie and (I promise) tastes quite nice (not as nice as Vegusto though)

OHforDUCKScake Mon 04-Feb-13 19:43:35

I found tescos dairy free cheese not to bad. The whole family liked it.

babybarrister Sun 03-Feb-13 16:53:30

Yes soya but dreadful

blush sorry just read the 'based on soya...'

Is sheese soya based?

babybarrister Sun 03-Feb-13 16:44:19

Thanks for warning about nuts .. That's a no,no then. grin I was just in Wholefoods so thought I would try it as last time I tried one of these replacements was years ago - but totally and utterly vile - DS would not touch and even DH who is normally a human dustbin had qualms ...

trixymalixy Sat 02-Feb-13 22:42:54

It is all vile. I'm surprised they actually sell any.

Vegusto does have nuts in unfortunately.

Maz007 Sat 02-Feb-13 22:41:01

babybarrister I feel your pain. I thought it was made by someone with a list of ways people might describe cheese but who had never come across it themselves and completely missed the point. Strong smell, rubbery texture... VILE! Second vegusto though - very nice and apparently the 'cheese sauce' variety makes nice pizza (have a check though I seem to remember nuts are a problem for you and yours... and I think it's got cashew (I think) nuts :-(

AuntPepita Sat 02-Feb-13 22:02:05

Most vegan cheese is, and I've tried loads over the years. The only one that is nice (understatement - really lovely) is a new one to the uk called vegusto. Expensive, but a really good substitute. My fave is the golden, a bit like Edam, or classic, a bit like blue.

babybarrister Sat 02-Feb-13 21:54:06

Tried this dairy free cheese 'substitute' in two flavours - absolutely vile in fact so bad I am going to take it back! Based on soya but totally inedible

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now