Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which formula

(6 Posts)
OrangePetals Sat 02-Feb-13 19:56:26

My DD is 13mo and on pepti jnr. Was on nutramigen but wouldn't take it and doesn't take much pepti tbh.

Looking at the carton it has alot less calcium than cows milk which is what most 1yos would be having so I'm wondering if I need to ask the gp for a follow on formula.

Does anyone have their DCs on such a thing, would also help if it tasted better!

OrangePetals Sun 03-Feb-13 19:00:15

Bump sad

simpson Sun 03-Feb-13 19:03:33

When DD was 18 mths old she went onto the neonate follow on milk but tbh she didn't really have a problem with the taste (so I know that doesn't help you)...

What is it your DD is allergic to??

DD is lactose/soya intolerant and recently has been tolerating lacto free milk.

simpson Sun 03-Feb-13 19:03:56

neocate blooming iPad!!!

OrangePetals Sun 03-Feb-13 19:10:58

CMP but we are actually waiting on blood tests to confirm it. Her reaction when she had dairy was definate so I assume she hasn't outgrown it yet.

She is more severely allergic to egg and has a skin reaction to tomatoes and grapes so I am feeling a bit restricted.

Just bought some egg replacer (after seeing it mentioned on here as didn't it existed) so may be able to cook more things for her using that.

simpson Sun 03-Feb-13 19:57:45

You could try cooking with her formula to get more in her.

I used to buy frozen berries in a packet from tescos which when they defrost are very mushy and mix it with her formula so she had a kind of smoothy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now