Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Allergic to Pampers active-fit?

(15 Posts)
Nordicmom Thu 31-Jan-13 19:11:51

Oh yes, the Nature ones couldn't contain DS night time wee either once he was older and sleeping 12 h in a row. We put the waterproof pant things you can use with cloth nappies on top . Daytime they were fine . Have forgotten about this... Also have used the Wholefoods own brand ones on her when we were in the States and they're good.

freefrommum Thu 31-Jan-13 13:52:06

He's going to love you for sharing that babybarrister!

babybarrister Thu 31-Jan-13 13:30:46

Necessity is the mother fucker of invention gringrin
I can hardly wait to remind DS of this when he is 18smile

CarpeJugulum Thu 31-Jan-13 12:10:43

We had this with DS and ASDA's own brand. Swapped to Pampers and it cleared within about 2 days.

T'is very annoying as I'd just bought two packs (on offer) but my friend took them off my hands.

Kids eh? Who'd have 'em?! wink

notso Thu 31-Jan-13 12:02:37

freefrommum I am not usually a panicky Mum but I did the same smile

freefrommum Thu 31-Jan-13 11:58:28

I seem to remember DS having this too! I remember Googling latex allergy as was worried he was suddenly allergic to the elastic even though he'd never had a problem before. I went back to Huggies and it was fine again. Had completely forgotten about it until now smile

notso Thu 31-Jan-13 09:25:49

Thanks all smile I think it is the extra elastic there is nothing else touching his skin where the rash is. Annoying because I had stocked up as the offer was good, hopefully DS3 will not be allergic to them and I'll be able to use them on him.

babybarrister grin at tena! DS has a nut allergy and I think another allergy but not quite sure what.

Nordicmum I used Nature nappies and some cloth for DD and DS1 and the same when DS2 was tiny but as he has grown up he has become a mighty wee-er and the nature babies couldn't handle it.

LetKateWin Love the name Kates should always win!
Sounds nasty for your poor DD, will be getting him some other ones ASAP.

LetsKateWin Wed 30-Jan-13 21:34:29

DD had this. The raised bumps turned in to sores. I switched to Pampers Baby Dry and she was fine after that. When the rash cleared I thought I'd finish the Active Fit and the rash came straight back so I didn't use them again after that.

I hope your DS's bumps don't turn in to the sores.

Nordicmom Wed 30-Jan-13 21:30:27

I recommend the Nature nappies. They are eco friendly and perform well , I've used them with both of my kids. I doubt that they would have anything that would irritate . Haven't ever had a problem .

amazingmumof6 Wed 30-Jan-13 21:30:10

babybarrister Tena Baby - brilliant! grin

babybarrister Wed 30-Jan-13 21:19:50

Just go back to normal ones in bigger sizes and then move on to Dry Nites. wink at one point in time I bought poor DS Tena incontinence pads in extra small as I could not find any big enough for his bum which did not cause itching gringringringrin

babybarrister Wed 30-Jan-13 21:18:00

It is the elastic in the sides ie the 'active' bitgrin

babybarrister Wed 30-Jan-13 21:17:24

Yes yes yes - DS had this - we had to change ....

DS has lots of other serious allergies fwiw
There I was thinking we were the only onesgrin

amazingmumof6 Wed 30-Jan-13 19:09:24

could be heat rash? or just nappy too tight and rubbing?

if he was allergic to the nappy itself I think the whole are would be red where the nappy is in contact with skin.

notso Wed 30-Jan-13 12:53:00

DS 2.1 hes got red raised bumps on the skin but not like usual nappy rash and round his hips rather than the nappy area. Anyone else had this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now