Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Travelling abroad with DD2 who has allergies...

(3 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 07-Jan-13 20:24:53

Have a look at the anaphylaxis campaign website - lots of useful stuff on there re travel!smile

JoleneB Mon 07-Jan-13 08:27:36

We traveled to Bulgaria with my Dc when Dd2 was 16 months, she also has milk and soya allergy.
we had to have a letter from our dietitian to allow us to take formula on the plane.
We took things like snacks and some milk alternative for cereal.
we did find safe bread out there, abroad they don't tend to use soya flour smile.
It was slightly easier for us as my parents lived their so we were able to check things before we traveled.
You can buy translation card's from allergy UK, but for what they are you may as well use google translate and print a list of your own translations, our dietitian also gave up a print out of translations in to Bulgarian.

The Spanish are quite good with food allergy/intolerance, a friend of mind with coeliac lives in southern Spain and she has found it easier over there than she did here, she has found lots of coconut ice cream and milk and yogurts so you may find it easier than you think!

I'm not 100% but I think there is someone on our facebook group from one of the Spanish islands, it maybe worth joining and asking on there so that you have an idea what you will and won't be able to get out there, I can't put the link on from my phone but if you search for the CMPA web site thread I posted on here the link in on there, if I can find it myself I'll bump it for you grin

SparklyandHappyMe2013 Sun 06-Jan-13 12:11:55

How easy is it to go abroad with a DC who has allergies?
Currently DD2 who has just turned 1 has been confirmed as having CMP & Soya allergies. Still waiting for appointment to check for other allergies. Thinking egg is a trigger as well as gluten & wheat.
We are going to Majorca in May and not a clue on what I need to do for her to be able to eat out there.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now