Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

Gluten free restaurants

(12 Posts)
noddyholder Fri 07-Dec-12 19:34:41

I have to take a friend and her son out for dinner next week as she did some singing on dp's album for free. He son is 15 and coeliac and although i am pretty aware on this I am not sure which of the high st chain types are best. I am in Brighton and we have most chains here Any ideas. there will be 7 of us 3 teenagers and one of them as I have said is coeliac. TIA x

Leon does some items gluten-free (and marks them GF on the menu). I don't know about other restaurants.

ilove Fri 07-Dec-12 19:39:14

Nando's is great

bradyismyfavouritewiseman Fri 07-Dec-12 19:39:28

I own a restaurant, but in west Yorkshire. Our whole menu can be adapted to gluten free.

I am sure the coeliac society have a a web page and on it is a list of recommended restaurants.

noddyholder Fri 07-Dec-12 19:42:58

We don't have Leons sadly. Will look at nandos thanks Shame we aren't near you brady!

CMOTDibbler Fri 07-Dec-12 19:44:28

Not sure if it is your sort of thing but Food for Friends is supposed to be v good for gluten free, but of the chains, Ask has GF pizza, Nandos is pretty good on GF, Carluccios has gf stuff, and Wagamamas has a gf menu and a choice of gf dishes.

MrsJourns Fri 07-Dec-12 19:59:25

Zizzi does gluten free pasta, my younger son is very sensitive to gluten and we have never had any problems there. Pizza Hut now do a gluten free pizza, haven't tried it but have heard it is good.

noddyholder Fri 07-Dec-12 20:16:37

I have been to food for friends i love it Wonder about teenagers though but think it would be the 'nicest' for teh adults

ArtigeneAuberchoke Fri 07-Dec-12 20:21:44

We DD is coeliac. We love Terre a Terre, Food for Friends, Carluccios (the best gluten free pasta). Places like Due South are easy as loads of dishes happen not to include gluten. Indian food is also a good option.

freefrommum Fri 07-Dec-12 22:44:57

Lots of the Italian chains offer gluten free including Carluccio's, Bella Italia, Zizzi's, Prezzo and Pizza Hut.

noddyholder Sat 08-Dec-12 09:57:31

Thanks Bella Italia looks hopeful esp as I am paying and teenagers are fussy!

orangeberries Sat 08-Dec-12 19:20:21

TGI Fridays and ASK also do a full gluten free menu.

We've been to both many times - hope it helps!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now