Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

ARGH! Can you actually get crisps?!

(10 Posts)
fuzzpig Wed 14-Nov-12 13:56:47

It seems bog standard Walkers are now out along with Wotsits and DH's addiction favourite Doritos, due to being 'made in a factory where...' as opposed to actually having them in the ingredients.

Haven't got a recent coeliac uk guide, so can anyone provide any ideas please?

fuzzpig Wed 14-Nov-12 13:57:44

Oh FFS I didn't write the title properly. I meant gluten free crisps obviously.

blush

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 14-Nov-12 14:01:35

he can eat bear

vodkaanddietirnbru Wed 14-Nov-12 14:05:43

apparently Seabrook crisps are gluten free too

georgienewell Wed 14-Nov-12 14:17:22

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

georgienewell Wed 14-Nov-12 14:17:36

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MrsSpoutfire Wed 14-Nov-12 14:23:43

Hula hoops?

alison222 Wed 14-Nov-12 14:26:21

I think that it depends on how sensitive your DH is.
My Ddad still eats these things as long as they are not in the ingredients with no ill effects.
DS is allergic to nuts amongst other things and we do eat things that say "may not be suitable for nut allergy sufferers", with the exception of chocolate with no problems so far.

fuzzpig Wed 14-Nov-12 14:35:24

I think he's pretty sensitive TBH, he's had some bad effects in the past. Also the gut lining does build up over time so he's decided not to risk it (as long term it could lead to a lot of problems) even if he's not getting a reaction at the time, if that makes sense.

Didn't think about bear I will have a look, and seabrooks thanks!

fuzzpig Wed 14-Nov-12 14:39:30

I'm sure he said he can't eat hula hoops but I will look.

It's really annoying that different packs of the same crisps can be either GF or not GF, as they're made in different factories hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now