Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

lunch box ideas for dairy/soya allergic...

(6 Posts)
DorisIsWaiting Sun 07-Oct-12 20:43:22

DD1 has lemon and black pepper tuna mayo in a roll (pack of 4 for 39p from Lidl) Honey (not great fro protein but a nice change). Ham veryoccasionally as she doesn't like it.

Tesco value malt loaf is df/sf with spread it's nice as a treat.

trixymalixy Sun 07-Oct-12 20:24:39

When DS couldn't have soya I used to buy an egg, dairy and soy free mayo, I think it was made from pea protein by Plamil. That opens up things like tuna mayo, chicken and sweet corn and prawn Marie rose, plus getting a few extra calories in.

RosesOrQualityStreet Fri 05-Oct-12 22:41:26

I can't get mine to eat a ham/chicken sandwich at all, so struggle to get any protein into the lunch meal. I now tend to put a few small cocktail sausages in, I know they aren't the healthiest thing in the world but beggars can't be choosers as they say and I asked the dietician at the hospital and she thinks its fine.

I have to be careful to get egg free ones though. I try to make sure that the evening meal has a good portion of protein though to make up for it the lack of protein in the earlier meals.

Happygirl77 Tue 02-Oct-12 23:29:20

Not at the lunchbox stage with my allergic dc3 yet (also dairy and soya) but as he is ebf I am following a soya- and dairy-free diet. How about:

*bagel with ham or chicken or tuna
*part-baked baguette with marmite
*chunky veg sticks with hummus dip
*peanut/cashew nut butter sandwiches on suitable bread
*sandwich pitta breads (warburton's) with tuna and baked beans (don't knock it til you've tried it!)

If egg is ok, you could hard boil an egg and slice it up for a lunchbox.

OHforDUCKScake Tue 02-Oct-12 16:51:49

Ham sandwiches?
Milk free sausage rolls? (Tescos do some milk and soya free frozen party ones, cooked and gone cold will be nice).

DS (4) is dairy/soya allergic, and so far have put in lunch box: tortilla/hummus wrap, tortilla/tahini wrap, toast and hummus... you get the idea grin

Along with fruit/crisps etc, but need ideas for a protein...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now